Ovation of the Seas Show Reservations

I am traveling to Alaska on the Ovation of the Seas the end of July. It is our first time on this ship and itinerary. A week ago I reserved the only time available for the show  which coincides with our dining plans. I have tried to cancel and reschedule another time, but my options remain the same. Does anyone know if show reservation slots open up once we are on ship?

Thanks

3 hours ago, LadyYadaYada said:

I am traveling to Alaska on the Ovation of the Seas the end of July. It is our first time on this ship and itinerary. A week ago I reserved the only time available for the show  which coincides with our dining plans. I have tried to cancel and reschedule another time, but my options remain the same. Does anyone know if show reservation slots open up once we are on ship?

Thanks

We were on Ovation in Alaska and then Quantum. No reservations needed for ay show except one show in Two70.  And both times there was never anyone checking for reservations, walk up walk in. 

Thanks. Yes it is for the Caberet show in Two70. The other times all state that they didn't have enough seats for the 3 of us except for the show that conflicts with our dinner. Thanks. I was surprised when I received an email asking me to make reservation for the show.... before I got on board.🫨

Just returned home from Seattle after departing Ovation this morning. No reservations required for shows except the Cabaret in Two70. Easy to make reservations on app. The show played 3 different days. This was my 62nd cruise (32 on RCCL) and by far this Spectra's Cabaret show was hands down the WORST onboard entertainment that I have ever witnessed. Given that art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder, be sure to pack some extra sound deadening earplugs. It's BRUTAL!

25 minutes ago, tallfir said:

Just returned home from Seattle after departing Ovation this morning. No reservations required for shows except the Cabaret in Two70. Easy to make reservations on app. The show played 3 different days. This was my 62nd cruise (32 on RCCL) and by far this Spectra's Cabaret show was hands down the WORST onboard entertainment that I have ever witnessed. Given that art and beauty are in the eyes of the beholder, be sure to pack some extra sound deadening earplugs. It's BRUTAL!

A new cast just joined on May 19 sailing. And just like other things on a cruise, entertainment some like, some do not. I personally like the show, but there are parts that drag. My favorite, because I like the song, is Run Boy Run by Woodkid. I’m sure most people have never heard it.

10 hours ago, tallfir said:

by far this Spectra's Cabaret show was hands down the WORST onboard entertainment that I have ever witnessed.

Does this mean you liked Cats on Oasis?😇

Edited by Biker19
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hubby and I were fortunate to spend 30 days on Ovation when she was brand new we did the Barcelona to Singapore cruise.  At that time Raven O was Spectra in Spectra's Cabaret and the show seemed as though it was made for him, he was fabulous!  We loved the show and saw it almost everytime it played during the 30 days!   Now, having said that, I am not sure that just anyone could fill Raven's shoes, he is a classic Cabaret entertainer in real life and was, as he should have been, the Star of the show.  We will be on Ovation in August and then I will be able to make a comparison of then and now.

I can't answer the question as to whether reservations will become available again once you're on the ship, but I think the posters above are probably correct in that there may be spots that open up on embarkation day.  To that point- once you're in the port and close enough to the ship to connect to its WiFi you can make reservations for things before you actually board.  Might help you get a head start on folks who are waiting to get on board.

As for Spectra's Cabaret specifically, we just saw it about 3 weeks ago on Ovation and it received mixed reviews from our group.  My neighbor and I liked it, my wife hated it, most other people were somewhere in the middle.  When you go make sure you show up very early- probably a half hour or so- and sit as close down towards the floor as possible, as you can't see much from the higher seats.  

Finally, while everyone else is correct about not needing reservations for other shows on board, you will need to jump on and make reservations for the North Star as soon as possible if you're hoping to use one of the free slots.  Probably the same for iFly.