Mattress changes on Vista?

khuselid

We have always loved the beds on Oceania. Just got off a month on vista and pretty sure they have changed their brand of mattress. We found them firmer than before. Made for some shoulder discomfort and a firmer sleep. I know they used to sell their awesome mattresses but no longer do. I don’t think it’s our imagination or maybe it’s just that the mattresses are totally new? 

anybody else notice this?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woofa said:

The mattresses are still listed for sale when you go their website.  Do you think it could be these are so new and not yet broken in?

Oh, ok. I guess I just missed the brochure in the room. Could be, put seemed like the pillow top was missing. We have a European sleepworks mattress at home and they used to seem comparable. Just seemed very different. We were on sirena last year and they seemed ‘normal’.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

maybe not broken in yet 

They  have barely been sailing  a month  & you would have  been maybe the 1st to use the bed 🤔

https://www.oceaniabedcollection.com/

Aha! There was no gel pillow top on our mattress. I think there has always been one in the past. I will have to check with them to see if they just didn't have them or if ours was must missing.

4 minutes ago, khuselid said:

Aha! There was no gel pillow top on our mattress. I think there has always been one in the past. I will have to check with them to see if they just didn't have them or if ours was must missing.

AHH yes the gel top does make a difference

DH had an issue on Marine & we thought it was the gel top  so they removed it but then the bed was hard as a rock  so we had the room steward put  it back on

We discovered it was the off gassing  from the newness of the furnishings that was causing the problem

Thank goodness for allergy pills

6 hours ago, khuselid said:

We have always loved the beds on Oceania. Just got off a month on vista and pretty sure they have changed their brand of mattress. We found them firmer than before. Made for some shoulder discomfort and a firmer sleep. I know they used to sell their awesome mattresses but no longer do. I don’t think it’s our imagination or maybe it’s just that the mattresses are totally new? 

anybody else notice this?

We had two different cabins on the Vista for our recent cruise/s.  The first cabin - the mattress was very soft and there was no side support in it so that if you sat on the edge you could easily just slide off.  Or worse - roll out whilst asleep!  The mattress featured in our cruise comments because of this!

Second cabin - the same old blissful Oceania mattress that we have previously had on all our cruises.  A great relief.

Maybe they are trialling mattresses - hard and soft vs the old O mattresses??

12 hours ago, Jayne E said:

Maybe they didn’t get delivery of enough mattresses and ordered whatever available? Very strange you had different mattresses on a new ship. 

On your last Riviera cruise, did you feel that the mattress is the same as on previous sailings? Our feeling was that it's softer and slightly less comfortable. It could be due to the fact that we got a new mattress at home last year that is more firm. Not sure. 

16 hours ago, HilsTas said:

We had two different cabins on the Vista for our recent cruise/s.  The first cabin - the mattress was very soft and there was no side support in it so that if you sat on the edge you could easily just slide off.  Or worse - roll out whilst asleep!  The mattress featured in our cruise comments because of this!

Second cabin - the same old blissful Oceania mattress that we have previously had on all our cruises.  A great relief.

Maybe they are trialling mattresses - hard and soft vs the old O mattresses??

That's interesting.  We were in the same type cabin on the other side and found the mattresses firm and didn't  feel any gel top.  Felt totally different from all my previous cruises on Oceania.  At first I thought the mattresses hadn't been broken in but I don't think that is the reason.

• Like 2

They are made not far from Genova - and you can buy them.  They ship to the us (I asked if they would ship them here to Switzerland and apparently they can.  (Or I could drive down and collect them. it is about 4 hours.

7 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

That's interesting.  We were in the same type cabin on the other side and found the mattresses firm and didn't  feel any gel top.  Felt totally different from all my previous cruises on Oceania.  At first I thought the mattresses hadn't been broken in but I don't think that is the reason.

That is exactly how we felt! I wonder if they just didn't get some of the gel tops? Like the little clocks by the bedside were missing and they told us everything hadn't been unpacked yet! thanks for responding, nice to know we aren't alone!

On 6/20/2023 at 5:22 PM, Hambagahle said:

They are made not far from Genova - and you can buy them.  They ship to the us (I asked if they would ship them here to Switzerland and apparently they can.  (Or I could drive down and collect them. it is about 4 hours.

We bought a queen size, and the 'white glove' delivery guys said it was the heaviest mattress they have ever seen.  So glad I didn't try to install it myself!  [But also glad I got it – most comfortable mattress we've ever had.]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1