CruiseNext Triple Up Offer

When I went into a reservation to add a cruise next to an existing reservation, under my cruise next there is a “Your Welcome Back $100 off Coupon”. Says I have to use by March 25, 2024, and travel by January 2026. I do not see it under My NCL, only when I go to make a payment. Anyone else have this?

39 minutes ago, Fischmom said:

When I went into a reservation to add a cruise next to an existing reservation, under my cruise next there is a “Your Welcome Back $100 off Coupon”. Says I have to use by March 25, 2024, and travel by January 2026. I do not see it under My NCL, only when I go to make a payment. Anyone else have this?

No, I do not have it.    I have the Alaska Bliss coupon, but will not be using it.

1 hour ago, mking8288 said:

Airline's afffiliated site doesn't show this newest promo (yet) - call or live chat with them if you are a FF with them, currently showing OBC...

at any given time, i think NCL gives different promos to different affiliated sites. one airline might have free gratuities, while another is offering nonrefundable OBC. and then they might switch it up a month later.

2 hours ago, Grandmafreddie said:

Just got my 3rd cruise next applied by my pcc. Said it will only work if there is no price change either up or down offer only lasts one week. Good luck

Wrong on both counts. It's a payment, no different than if you say you want to apply $250 on your credit card. And the offer goes through April 1, which is more than a week.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DCGuy64 said:

I don't have that option. I do have 3 certificates but there's no place for me to make a payment. We always use a TA so that's probably why.

That's what I figured. Our fault for booking last year for a 2025 sailing. Sounds like we're out of luck. But that's not so bad, considering our CN's don't really expire now.

You can always call, you never know.

I'm only repeating information gleaned from the last Triple-Up promo. I got a tongue-lashing - and my post removed by the admin on another site - for posting "incorrect" information when I posted that you could go to MyNCL and make a payment using your certificate. Told in no uncertain terms that the promo was only for new reservations (which it does say) and that the ability to do so was merely a glitch in the system. A few people on that same site did say that their TA could not add a 3rd CNC.

Note, the double-up promo always says new reservations also and we know that's not true!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, julig22 said:

You can always call, you never know.

I'm only repeating information gleaned from the last Triple-Up promo. I got a tongue-lashing - and my post removed by the admin on another site - for posting "incorrect" information when I posted that you could go to MyNCL and make a payment using your certificate. Told in no uncertain terms that the promo was only for new reservations (which it does say) and that the ability to do so was merely a glitch in the system. A few people on that same site did say that their TA could not add a 3rd CNC.

Note, the double-up promo always says new reservations also and we know that's not true!

Thanks. I was able to contact my TA and within 5 minutes of emailing him, I got a confirmation from NCL that the 3rd CN had been applied. 😄 (This, BTW, is why I love having a travel agent!)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Thanks. I was able to contact my TA and within 5 minutes of emailing him, I got a confirmation from NCL that the 3rd CN had been applied. 😄 (This, BTW, is why I love having a travel agent!)

But if you did not have a travel agent and booked directly, you would of been able to apply the third one yourself.

In any case, glad you got the third one applied.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

But if you did not have a travel agent and booked directly, you would of been able to apply the third one yourself.

In any case, glad you got the third one applied.

Yes, that's true, I would have been able to apply the third one. However, I much prefer working with a TA, this situation is just one more reason I like doing it this way. I'm really glad someone made a thread about this, otherwise I might not have even known about it.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yes, that's true, I would have been able to apply the third one. However, I much prefer working with a TA, this situation is just one more reason I like doing it this way. I'm really glad someone made a thread about this, otherwise I might not have even known about it.

You are welcome!  I created the thread when the last Triple Up Promotion was offered.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CruisingwiththeSchmidts said:

You are welcome!  I created the thread when the last Triple Up Promotion was offered.

And it would be wonderful to keep it going forward to the next triple up as I will need another one by next February after this June when I inquire more.     

• Like 1

So, someone on another site commented that the NCL reps have been told that this offer is for new bookings only (which it does say) - and to not just apply them to existing reservations.  Which is in line with what's been reported in a few places. If true, you might get some pushback by going through your PCC or TA (who may have to call NCL).

But in order to actually enforce it for the DIYers among us, they would need to get their IT department onboard and fix the glitch in the system that allows us mere mortals to add them at will LOL.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I went to my travel agent to add the Cruise next Certificate to my reservation in October she specifically told us cannot be used for current reservations, only new bookings..She wanted us to cancel and rebook so she could add the 3 certificates but then we would lose our free gratuities plus other perks. We passed

Edited by spanishguy1970

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

So, someone on another site commented that the NCL reps have been told that this offer is for new bookings only (which it does say) - and to not just apply them to existing reservations.  Which is in line with what's been reported in a few places. If true, you might get some pushback by going through your PCC or TA (who may have to call NCL).

But in order to actually enforce it for the DIYers among us, they would need to get their IT department onboard and fix the glitch in the system that allows us mere mortals to add them at will LOL.

UhOh - I had a thought...certificates bought after the switch, and new rules, clearly state that they cannot be applied to existing reservations. I wonder if that's what's affecting the ability for some to get them added (even with help) vs those that can't?  Would be interesting to know if they are only enforcing the policy on new certificates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

UhOh - I had a thought...certificates bought after the switch, and new rules, clearly state that they cannot be applied to existing reservations. I wonder if that's what's affecting the ability for some to get them added (even with help) vs those that can't?  Would be interesting to know if they are only enforcing the policy on new certificates.

Mine were new certificates we purchased last month.  

35 minutes ago, vacation44 said:

Mine were new certificates we purchased last month.  

Did you apply them directly or go through a PCC/TA? My thoughts are around whether or not it's the certificate itself which is why some PCCs will put them through, others will not. Haven't heard anyone say they couldn't put theirs through on the website, other than those who aren't eligible or are having other issues with the certificates in their account.

7 hours ago, julig22 said:

Did you apply them directly or go through a PCC/TA? My thoughts are around whether or not it's the certificate itself which is why some PCCs will put them through, others will not. Haven't heard anyone say they couldn't put theirs through on the website, other than those who aren't eligible or are having other issues with the certificates in their account.

Oh, I misunderstood your thought.   I applied the Certificates myself.

• Like 1

@Mbcruiser704 - this offer ends March 29, this Friday - possible that NCL might extend it into Easter Sunday but they might not.  Could well be for USA or North Americas only - if you can VPN into the NCL site, should see it.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

@Mbcruiser704 - this offer ends March 29, this Friday - possible that NCL might extend it into Easter Sunday but they might not.  Could well be for USA or North Americas only - if you can VPN into the NCL site, should see it.  

Offer is good through April 1. There is no indication that it's for USA booking only.

image.png.e67b2d0cd6117022394c593c8d399a06.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dolls123 said:

My TA  added a third certificate  to a upcoming 2024 and 2025 booked cruises.

Holy cruises, doll! I just checked out your signature. You're more experienced with cruising than most of the so-called experts here! Now I know why your posts are always so positive and accurate. Sheesh - sorry I missed this for so long.