CruiseNext Triple Up Offer

44 minutes ago, CruisingwiththeSchmidts said:

That is correct.  I just went onto their website and made a payment of $250, choosing one of my deposits as the payment type, after already having two deposits applied.

Wow.   Thank you for the heads up.   I hope this promotion lasts until I am able to by more in late August.

• Like 1

Interesting thing that happened to me is was I applied a third cruise next to a prior reservation in December. Called my TA and had them add it. Simple no problem!

A couple weeks ago I changed our sail date to a week earlier (a few days before final payment.) I expected them to give me some trouble with the deposit because I had used 3 cruise-nexts (I thought they would refund one) and that wasn't being offered when I did it. They transferred over the whole deposit no problem.

1 hour ago, CruisingwiththeSchmidts said:

NCL just sent out emails offering TripleUp on your CruiseNext Deposits.  You can apply for new or existing reservations booked at least 4 months in advance for Balcony or above staterooms.  Indicates that it is for a limited time, but does not provide the exiration date.  So jump on it now!

The "pre-publication" rumor I saw only indicated 3- 4 days if I remember correctly.

5 minutes ago, Grimix said:

Interesting thing that happened to me is was I applied a third cruise next to a prior reservation in December. Called my TA and had them add it. Simple no problem!

A couple weeks ago I changed our sail date to a week earlier (a few days before final payment.) I expected them to give me some trouble with the deposit because I had used 3 cruise-nexts (I thought they would refund one) and that wasn't being offered when I did it. They transferred over the whole deposit no problem.

You were lucky - my 2nd one keeps getting returned when I make a price adjustment to a reservation.  But no worries, I just put it back on when the "any cabin" special comes back the next month.

1 minute ago, julig22 said:

You were lucky - my 2nd one keeps getting returned when I make a price adjustment to a reservation.  But no worries, I just put it back on when the "any cabin" special comes back the next month.

I kind of feel I was. Really expected them to take one off. Guess it's still possible they figure it out, but hoping they don't!

1 hour ago, CruisingwiththeSchmidts said:

NCL just sent out emails offering TripleUp on your CruiseNext Deposits.  You can apply for new or existing reservations booked at least 4 months in advance for Balcony or above staterooms.  Indicates that it is for a limited time, but does not provide the exiration date.  So jump on it now!

Thanks for the heads up!  I just applied a 3rd to an 2025 reservation that we made two weeks ago!

This is the 2nd time they've offered this deal this year.  They had it for a week or so right around New Years and we took advantage of it then too!  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JandC_Cruising said:

This is the 2nd time they've offered this deal this year.  They had it for a week or so right around New Years and we took advantage of it then too!  

Thank you very much for mentioning that this is the second time they have offered it this year.   As I am afraid I will not be able to get my hands on new certificates on time, I know there is a chance they will rerun the promotion.   As I am paying for four cabins next June, this will save me another $500.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sherrihall128 said:

Are you all sure it's for existing reservations? My travel agent said it's only for new bookings.

When they offered it in January, the CN manager onboard said it was only for new bookings.  But that wasn't true.  If you read the T&C's for DoubleUp I think it usually says new bookings also.  Either they don't enforce it or "new bookings" just means anything that's not past final payment -which does make some sense. 

So no reason under that theory that you couldn't cancel and rebook to use multiples - unlike CruiseFirst that has specific no cancel/rebook terms - which just creates more paperwork for NCL.

• Like 3

Just now, julig22 said:

When they offered it in January, the CN manager onboard said it was only for new bookings.  But that wasn't true.  If you read the T&C's for DoubleUp I think it usually says new bookings also.  Either they don't enforce it or "new bookings" just means anything that's not past final payment -which does make some sense. 

So no reason under that theory that you couldn't cancel and rebook to use multiples - unlike CruiseFirst that has specific no cancel/rebook terms - which just creates more paperwork for NCL.

I was on an online chat with the website I booked it through (CruisesOnly), and that online chat agent was wrong. I'm on the phone with a booking agent with the website, and she's applying it to a pre-existing reservation that I booked 7 months ago. Wahoo! This group just saved me an additional $500.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sherrihall128 said:

Are you all sure it's for existing reservations? My travel agent said it's only for new bookings.

Yes....I just applied the 3rd to a booking we made on June 5th, which already had 2CN's applied.

I made the payment online through my NCL account.  No need to call NCL or agent if you can make payments yourself online.   Simply selected the cert in my account.

2 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

my agent said they called NCL and were told it was still 1 certificate per passenger (we are in a balcony on a April 2025 cruise that has gone up about 40% since we booked)

I just acted off of @CruisingwiththeSchmidts initial posting here and all worked fine.  I didn't get any email or see anything either, So I'm guessing this is not fully announced yet, but the payment went through and now I've paid off $750 of a cruise with CN Certs!  Great deal!

• Like 2

I can confirm it applies to existing reservations.  I was just able to make a payment online for my December trip using a CN.  I had already applied two when the trip was booked.  375 off!  I’ll take it.  😃

Edited by Russiamomm
Typo
  • Like 1

Sorry..newbie to CruiseNext programming. I have a reservation for an October 2023 cruise. Can I make an online payment for that? And if so..how? Assume I know nothing so walk me through the steps please! Thanks so much for any help.

1 minute ago, emmajo said:

Sorry..newbie to CruiseNext programming. I have a reservation for an October 2023 cruise. Can I make an online payment for that? And if so..how? Assume I know nothing so walk me through the steps please! Thanks so much for any help.

You have to go through how you booked it. If you booked straight through NCL, you'll need to call them. If you booked through a website or travel agent, you have to call them. They'll also be able to see if you have any unused CruiseNext certificates on your account.

I can confirm that works for our existing reservations later this year (more than 4 months or 120 days out and it is for two (2) balconies) - that a third CruiseNext coupon was successfully added to the booking.  Just log into your "MyNCL" account, pull up the reservation to make a payment, indicate the amount (i.e. $250) and select one of your available CN coupons, click the checkmark box & then apply - within seconds, it should display success & acknowledged an additional payment is being credited.  

It will probably take the system 48 to 72 hours to show or display the lowered & new balance for your final payment.  Last night, we had a deposit of $500 (using 2 CN coupons) for the balconies - as of this moment, we have a new/additional & higher deposit total of $750 (using 3 CN coupons) - reducing our final payment again.   

In years past, NCL usually does not offer this TripleUp promotion approaching the busy & sold out summer weeks, and typically wait until the early Fall to promote this.  Do take advantage of it, if you can and will be sailing NCL anyway.  

4 minutes ago, sherrihall128 said:

You have to go through how you booked it. If you booked straight through NCL, you'll need to call them. If you booked through a website or travel agent, you have to call them. They'll also be able to see if you have any unused CruiseNext certificates on your account.

I don’t know how it works if you booked through a Travel agent.  You may have to call.  But it you booked through NCL you should be able to apply any CNs you have in your account as a payment toward the cruise.  I just did it.  If you look at “My Account” from the main page you will see how many CNs you have and when they expire.  When you go to make a payment just plug in $250 and choose that you’re using a CN for it.  Your CNs will show there.  Just check one and hit submit.  Easy peasy.