Going thru TSA wearing a bone stimulator electronic device

azalice

I may still be wearing a medical electronic device going thru TSA at airports. It is attached to my foot with electrodes and I have a small device controlling it. I plan to travel with it actively working. What suggestions do you have for dealing with TSA so that I can get to my cruise?

A lot depends on the TSA agent.  We have TSA Pre-check approval.  Usually, not a problem, except for Orlando, FL.  Even the person pushing my wheelchair to the gate told me they lied to us saying they were calling me to collect my cane and water cup after going through the scanner.  They were also very rude.  She said that the agents there are always like that.  Later, I found out that MCO is one of eternity Top 5 WORST airports.  Hopefully, you won’t have a nasty agent.

On 6/20/2023 at 5:40 PM, azalice said:

I may still be wearing a medical electronic device going thru TSA at airports. It is attached to my foot with electrodes and I have a small device controlling it. I plan to travel with it actively working. What suggestions do you have for dealing with TSA so that I can get to my cruise?

You may want to call both TSA and the airline.  No point in going there only to be turned away because “actively using the device” could cause issues with the plane’s electronic instruments.  If not, have the airplane send you an email to show TSA.  Best of luck to you.