Obstructed view link?

Haven't seen a percentage, but the deck plans depict obstructed view cabins and what's called PrivaSea. PrivaSea isn't really what I would call obstructed. It just means the opening over the railing or through a porthole is smaller than normal. Are you interested in a particular ship and cabin?

I don't recall said link but maybe I missed it.  Closest I recall is TWO spreadsheet for BA.

Privasea marketing term for hull balconies normally far forward or a few aft.  Those have metal oval cutouts vs open space above railing.  Name came out a few years after disappointed bride got one on Dawn and cried on bed whole trip.

• Haha 1

On the Jewel class ships (namely Jewel, Jade, Pearl, Gem), Star and Dawn the obstructed Ocean View cabins are all on deck 8 and are classified as OK cabins which is the lowest priced in the Ocean View category.

We have stayed in one a few times and they were fine. We could still see the sea and sky. 

On 6/21/2023 at 6:25 AM, bluesea777 said:

On the Jewel class ships (namely Jewel, Jade, Pearl, Gem), Star and Dawn the obstructed Ocean View cabins are all on deck 8 and are classified as OK cabins which is the lowest priced in the Ocean View category.

We have stayed in one a few times and they were fine. We could still see the sea and sky. 

I know that but this website was very particular. I believe it was from a UK travel agency or it had UK somewhere in the name of the website. It listed the percentage of what was obstructed from room to room. 

prior to my 1st cruise in 2019, I stumbled across a site that showed the percentage of obstruction and it helped me choose my obstructed cabin that had views mostly between the lifeboats instead of directly at. This was on a carnival ship and I can't remember if it had other lines. I didn't bookmark it though.  😞