No Show Question

We cruise next Saturday, and my dad may not make it due to work We have two cabins. My parents are in one and another with four people. The cabin that may be the no show is the one was only two people in it. 

We get that we will be refunded everything but the cruise fare itself. Once we board, will they let us move a person from the cabin with 4 to the cabin that will not only have 1. I get that we can get an extra key. But could we go to guest services and officially move that person to the other cabin?

1 hour ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

We cruise next Saturday, and my dad may not make it due to work We have two cabins. My parents are in one and another with four people. The cabin that may be the no show is the one was only two people in it. 

We get that we will be refunded everything but the cruise fare itself. Once we board, will they let us move a person from the cabin with 4 to the cabin that will not only have 1. I get that we can get an extra key. But could we go to guest services and officially move that person to the other cabin?

You will just have someone from both cabins go and get extra keys.  

Yes, they will issue new keys for you.

It's best to bring all adults plus the person being moved to guest services when making the request. Your mom needs to give them permission to move someone into her room and that person needs to agree to be moved. If that person is a minor child, the parent of that child should be present.

Is there any benefit to having them "officially" moved to the other cabin?  The only reasons that I could fathom is to allow the other three to purchase Cheers or to take advantage of spa room access to the spa.  Other than that, just get the extra key and move everyone around.  Carnival doesn't care who sleeps where.

7 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

Is there any benefit to having them "officially" moved to the other cabin?  The only reasons that I could fathom is to allow the other three to purchase Cheers or to take advantage of spa room access to the spa.  Other than that, just get the extra key and move everyone around.  Carnival doesn't care who sleeps where.

I just didn't want it to be an issue for room stewards or anything. An extra key world work. I guess we can tell the room steward in the 4 person booked room to not add the trundle bed. An extra key would be suffice.