Coki Beach - December

lucyjlou

Hi! We are a group of 9 arriving to STT on 12/29 on Allure of Seas. We don’t arrive arrive until 11 and only in port until 6

Looks like the Norwegian getaway is also in port but they dock at 6 AM and depart 2pm

it also says the Vikings Sea, but doesn’t list any times?

If we get right off the ship as soon as possible and head to Coki beach, do you think the odds are good for us getting lounge chairs and having a place to sit?

I figured a lot of the people on Norwegian will be heading back to the ship by the time we get there

Has anyone who has been recently remember the price for chairs and umbrellas? Also, what kinds of food and drink did they offer? We have been but it has been over 15 years. I remember we loved it but it’s just been a long time. Is it still clean and safe? Will we need cash?
also, does anyone remember the cost of the taxi?

• 2 months later...

You WILL get chairs, I doubt they will be first row.  Chairs were $10 each, I think the umbrella was $15.  It was $15 pp EACH way.  Same taxi that dropped us, picked us up at a pre-arranged time. We went in May, found it very safe.  There will always be that guy out there selling pot it seems.  I brought cash as it had been awhile since I had been.  I do not believe the taxi take credit card.  You will will need several hundred bucks on ya.  Cab driver did make change, for our group it was $90 each way, yikes but there were 7 of us, 2 were kiddos

There are several shacks to get food and drinks, price varied by 3 bucks or so for a frozen drink.  You can walk up or get a server that will bring to you, think island time. We love this beach, but it is not a sterliized US beach, it has local island flare.

Edited by nimbex1970

There are several shacks to get food and drinks, price varied by 3 bucks or so for a frozen drink we paid 12-15 for a red solo cup sized.  Made with several choices of fresh fruit, I choose how much rum I wanted in it.  We choose the guy to the left of the stage who had samples to order from. From memory there was red snapper, a club a cheeseburger, chicken fingers, fries and a ceviche..  You can walk up or get a server that will bring to you, think island time. Because we paid cash, I don't know which shack takes credit or not.  Bathrooms were clean. Sorry wouldn't let me edit

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We've went several times by cruise ship and land vacation with the last time being 2022. When we went, the food shack/restaurant wasn't taking anything but cash (could have changed by now but just be prepared with cash just in case). Snorkeling is amazing there of course (and also diving). 

On 9/11/2023 at 4:23 PM, KarimaJ said:

We found the snorkeling off the beach at Coki to be good. Lots of weed selling going on (mostly in the back area) and you may smell it in case that bothers you. 

We dubbed it Toki beach..... It was very potent our last 2 visits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I almost forgot it's legal on the top deck of the ferry over and back from St. John. 

It's also legal downtown on Main Street too.  😂😂😂😂

Don't act like that's not funny. It's funny because it's true. 

When I get back on the ship it's not legal anymore on St. Thomas but it's legal on the ship!!! OMG!!!

SO funny. 

I'm sorry I'm my own biggest fan. 

It's legal in my home right now, couldn't tell it could ya.😵‍💫😵‍💫😂😂😂😂

If it'll make you feel any better I don't do Coki anymore haven't in 20 year's.🤥. No more Coki 😂 Coki costs me too much $$$. 

I do Secret Harbor, Magens Bay, Trunk Bay or Sapphire Beach and weedi.

Coki those days are over. 😇😂