Drink Packages

HMSDingy

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sorry, but not exactly as the Plus costs almost $77.  Crew Incentive is $16 for most cabins.

PASS 1        $77 + $16 = $93

PASS 2         $16          = $16

TOTAL                          = $109

PLUS for PASS 1 & 2 = $120

So, I do disagree with your proposition.  Are you seriously suggesting $11 is enough to make the choice you suggest?  There really is no circumstance the standalone beverage package is a good idea.  It is highly unlikely such a scenario exists that it is not worth consideration IMO.   If one is also a savvy cruiser, they will be booking with a TA that discounts the cruise fare in some manner and that $120 ought to cost under $109.

I appreciate all of the info but DW and I are Italian and we always have a bottle of wine with our meals. Our next cruise is for 20 days & if we factor in a bottle a day with the current average price of $50 per bottle that's a cool $1000 not including any cocktails we will probably have. We're still thinking about it.  But although booked, we have a plan B with HAL and they offer wine packages at affordable prices. We have a refundable deposit so no worries there as we might have a family do we can't get out of at the time of our cruise with Princess.  The HAL cruise we MIGHT change to is for 18 days and their wine packages would cost us $500 for 16 bottles. There's always the fact that we're allowed to bring a bottle each onboard & pay the corkage fee, Then maybe buy a bottle at each port we visit and just pay the corkage. I know that decent wines are fairly inexpensive in Europe as I have family there. I realize that this might seem to be apples to oranges for some and I apologize for going on & on.

19 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Sorry, but not exactly as the Plus costs almost $77.  Crew Incentive is $16 for most cabins.

PASS 1        $77 + $16 = $93

PASS 2         $16          = $16

TOTAL                          = $109

PLUS for PASS 1 & 2 = $120

So, I do disagree with your proposition.  Are you seriously suggesting $11 is enough to make the choice you suggest?  There really is no circumstance the standalone beverage package is a good idea.  It is highly unlikely such a scenario exists that it is not worth consideration IMO.   If one is also a savvy cruiser, they will be booking with a TA that discounts the cruise fare in some manner and that $120 ought to cost under $109.

That may work for couples but if you are traveling with a friend who doesn’t want to pay for it are you willing to pay an extra $11 per day for someone else ?