When do they post the final official list of shore excursions

Lenbro1944

Taking cruise August 2024. I know we can pick our shore excursions 365 days before embarkation but are the excursions that the website currently lists the final list. When will the prices be listed?

What discounts or packages do the offer if you book your excursions in advance?

57 minutes ago, Lenbro1944 said:

Taking cruise August 2024. I know we can pick our shore excursions 365 days before embarkation but are the excursions that the website currently lists the final list. When will the prices be listed?

The shore excursions are never final until the cruise. On our recent cruise there was an addition included on a separate flyer in the shorex booklet in the cabin...it is the most current and complete list. On our next cruise there is one that was added a couple of months ago and it isn't on the website.

Ask your TA (or O rep) for a current shorex pdf. Do this as often as you wish.

Discounts are listed in the shorex pdf, although changes are happening July 1st and we don't have detais yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenbro1944 said:

LOL - there is no “final.”

There were adding and canceling shorexs as we boarded. 

They shaved an hour off our port stay today. We’re on a private tour and will need to adjust our itinerary accordingly. Same for those on the longer O tours.

Final might be defined as when you get back to the ship. 

• Like 2

My Oceania rep told me that the most current list of shore excursions and pricing will be posted the same day as you when you can sign up (365 days before embarkation). So how do you plan and budget in advance of sign up day so you are ready to select your shore excursions on 1st day to sign up? What has been previous cruisers ability to get the excursions they want?

10 minutes ago, Lenbro1944 said:

My Oceania rep told me that the most current list of shore excursions and pricing will be posted the same day as you when you can sign up (365 days before embarkation). So how do you plan and budget in advance of sign up day so you are ready to select your shore excursions on 1st day to sign up? What has been previous cruisers ability to get the excursions they want?

Probably no way to do it 100%, but many ports are probably included in other cruises within a month of yours….so perhaps look at some of those and see the list of excursions for ports which are included in yours and the associated cost. Of course price may change but if within a month of your sail date should be pretty similar.  Also a chance same ones will not be included on your cruise but again if look at cruises within month or so of yours you would think high probably they may be. Lots of work but may give you a decent idea. 

34 minutes ago, Lenbro1944 said:

As regards what is the “final” ShoreEx listings, I’m afraid that your O rep is clueless.

The ShoreExcursions PDF will often be modified on multiple occasions between its first issuance (often just boilerplate info) at a year out all the way through to the emailing of you “final docs” email which should include your “cruise vacation summary” and the newest version of the ShoreExcursions PDF. Sadly the PDF file name never has a version date in the file name. But, the differences from one version to another can be significant (deleted/canceled ports/tours, added ports/tours, modified descriptions/times/etc…..

And, once you embark, you still may get a printed notice of further changes from DS on day 1 and whenever else a change has been made.

We usually book fairly long O cruises of 3-7 weeks more than a year out and we’ll often get 5+\- updated ShoreEx PDF over the course of the pre-cruise months.  

• Like 1

So as recommended I went to a similar cruise to where I am going but is sailing in less than 365 days so the excursions and pricing is listed. There are 3 prices for each excursion. Either “tour price”, “your world”, “unlimited”. Can someone explain what these mean. We have not taken any free excursions with Olife  but do have a good amount of ship board credits. Are there packages that offer you a discount and if so how do I obtain those?

Thanks for any help.

On a related topic, having just gotten off Insignia, my strong advice is to read the excursion booklet given to you when you board your cruise because it will contain the excursion additions, deletions, and modifications.

Having booked and confirmed our excursions ahead of time, we didn't realize we needed to take a look through this booklet.  Halfway through the cruise, I happened to be idly flipping through the booklet, and discovered that one of the excursions we had booked was changed SUBSTANTIALLY.  As in 80% of the excursion was changed, and no, I don't consider a visit to the Kamikaze museum the same as the sand bath originally promised.

We managed to cancel the tour 10 mins before the deadline (and later re-booked a different excursion which was very nice), but whoah... that was a surprise.

2 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

So as recommended I went to a similar cruise to where I am going but is sailing in less than 365 days so the excursions and pricing is listed. There are 3 prices for each excursion. Either “tour price”, “your world”, “unlimited”. Can someone explain what these mean. We have not taken any free excursions with Olife  but do have a good amount of ship board credits. Are there packages that offer you a discount and if so how do I obtain those?

Thanks for any help.

"Tour Price" is the "list price. "Your World" is a 25% discount when you meet the minimum number of excursions required, which depend on cruise length. "Unlimited" is you can take as many as you want for a fixed priced, but many have an upcharge, as only certain basic tours are totally included.  You really need to cost out whether unlimited option is really worth it.  It is often not the best deal.  If you take the OLife excursions, the cost of which is $100 per excursion that is included in the OLife fare.  But you can select excursions up to $199, so you can get a real value there.  And the OLife excursions count toward re minimum number for Your World.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lenbro1944 said:

Thanks for any help.

..adding to 1985rz1's post, the shore excursions pdf (from TA or O rep) when it is available will tell you how many excursions are needed to get the YWC 25% off. I actually like this option better than OLife sometimes even if it costs slightly more since it offers more flexibility (e.g., cancellation/refund policy, not limited to certain excursions). The only time the Unlimited package (UPC) has been competitive is when YWC is not offered (some shorter ~7 or 8 night cruises). UPC typically cost about $110 per port (excluding first/last day).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 1985rz1 said:

"Tour Price" is the "list price. "Your World" is a 25% discount when you meet the minimum number of excursions required, which depend on cruise length. "Unlimited" is you can take as many as you want for a fixed priced, but many have an upcharge, as only certain basic tours are totally included.  You really need to cost out whether unlimited option is really worth it.  It is often not the best deal.  If you take the OLife excursions, the cost of which is $100 per excursion that is included in the OLife fare.  But you can select excursions up to $199, so you can get a real value there.  And the OLife excursions count toward re minimum number for Your World.

Excellent description!

• Thanks 1