Anyone have Experience getting VIFP days per 2001?

KyloRen

Hi all! I sailed a lot as a kid and I would like to try and get my days at sea on my VIFP acct. anyone have experience getting days? What info did you use? Did you have to be very specific? 

I mailed them before and I was unsuccessful but now I’ve got a bunch of photos. I don’t have exact dates is the issue (I know the years) 

thanks for any help!!

84B36D5B-9B06-4392-952E-3041E4BCB73E.jpeg

Edited by KyloRen

I went on a cruise in 2009 and could only remember the ships name, rough month and the itinerary. When I booked a cruise last year, I noticed that it was missing from my account. I called Carnival and the customer service rep was able to find and confirm my sailing and learned that I had an older VIFP number, so she put in a request for the account I had now to be merged with that  old account. That process took about two weeks but it eventually happened and I was bumped up in status.

She did say that some of the cruises pre-2000's might not be in their system, but it's worth trying if you think it'll bump you up in status.

Edited by notscb
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, notscb said:

I went on a cruise in 2009 and could only remember the ships name, rough month and the itinerary. When I booked a cruise last year, I noticed that it was missing from my account. I called Carnival and the customer service rep was able to find and confirm my sailing and learned that I had an older VIFP number, so she put in a request for the account I had now to be merged with that  old account. That process took about two weeks but it eventually happened and I was bumped up in status.

She did say that some of the cruises pre-2000's might not be in their system, but it's worth trying if you think it'll bump you up in status.

Yes!  I’m 9 days shy of plat. I’m itching! I can’t stop booking cruises I want it so bad. 😄 and thank you so much for that info! 

also I meant to say “prior 2001” not per in my title, whoops! 

Edited by KyloRen
  • Like 1

I had pictures of my wife and me that we took on the Carnivale in 1982 prior to having a VIFP account.   I wasn't on another Carnival cruise again until 2014.  After a few more cruises, I submitted the pictures in 2016.  The pictures showed the dining room decorated with balloons printed with advertising for the soon to be introduced Tropical, so they were able to verify the approximate date, so credited my account for a 7-day cruise taken approximately cruise 32 years earlier.  So, it definitely worth a try.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers
  • Like 2

I had a photo of myself and three cousins under a sign that said Carnival Fantasy.  I think it was the official “boarding” photo they took back in 1992.  I got credit for that sailing, after submitting that plus the names of my two travel companions.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, KyloRen said:

and thank you so much for that info! 

Good luck! Definitely let us know how it works out.

I'd definitely avoid any online forms or emailing them to credit you- a phone call would probably work best (at least it did for me).

• Like 1

I got credit for a 1999 cruise which they must have located using my name and birthdate because I don't recall having to ask for credit.   It just shows up in my VIFP balance without a ship name, but with the right number of days.   

• Like 1

We cruised with Carnival twice in the early 2000's but couldn't remember exact info.  I recently booked another cruise with Carnival, so I called Customer Service.  She looked up our accounts with just names and birth dates.  She had the record of our cruises in 2001 and 2002.              

• Like 1

My wife was able to receive credit for a cruise back in "84 on the Festivale. The only proof we found was an old handwritten boarding pass (thank goodness for the scrapbooking fad in the 80's) and a pic with the Festivale life ring. You couldn't even make out the writing on the boarding pass (real carbon copy)

• Like 2

On 6/22/2023 at 9:25 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I had pictures of my wife and me that we took on the Carnivale in 1982 prior to having a VIFP account.   I wasn't on another Carnival cruise again until 2014.  After a few more cruises, I submitted the pictures in 2016.  The pictures showed the dining room decorated with balloons printed with advertising for the soon to be introduced Tropical, so they were able to verify the approximate date, so credited my account for a 7-day cruise taken approximately cruise 32 years earlier.  So, it definitely worth a try.

Been there, did that, it works.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Been there, did that,

On 6/22/2023 at 7:25 PM, Old Fart Cruisers said:

i seem to have a balloon photo myself! Mines from 1986 but wow it’s crazy seeing all the things that cruise lines used to do! It triggered so many memories. I recall skeet shooting, talent shows (why don’t they do those anymore?) I loved the midnight buffets! So many themed parties (more so than now). 
I remember throwing streamers off the side of the boat and so much cultural appreciation, that definitely borders (if not full on) appropriation at this point.

From deep research (watching way too many videos and looking though old photos)  it appears as though I took 7 Tropicale cruises and 1 Jubille. 

All Mexican riviera and all from San Pedro/Long Beach

Does anyone happen to know if those were all seven day cruise is between the years of 1984 and 1993?

A2148F7E-DBF5-4127-BBCE-AFA12545205A.jpeg

18E8EEA9-9817-41B6-B587-80D4AB1E28B7.jpeg

FF37A0FB-FB0C-49AF-953A-C9A2A87DF336.jpeg

Edited by KyloRen

35 minutes ago, KyloRen said:

i seem to have a balloon photo myself! Mines from 1986 but wow it’s crazy seeing all the things that cruise lines used to do! It triggered so many memories. I recall skeet shooting, talent shows (why don’t they do those anymore?) I loved the midnight buffets! So many themed parties (more so than now). 
I remember throwing streamers off the side of the boat and so much cultural appreciation, that definitely borders (if not full on) appropriation at this point.

On our 1984 honeymoon on the Tropicale , they allowed our friends to come on the ship, look around, we had a little party in our cabin and then a big announcement was made for all those not sailing to depart the ship. Can you imagine that now?

• Like 1