Infinity Bay transportation

klpalp

Had anyone done the transportation from the Mahogany Bay port arranged by the hotel?  The directions I was given was to walk to security post and look for our driver with a sign with the hotel logo and our names.  The directions seemed kind of vague so I was wondering if anyone has done this and if you had any tips! 

On 6/23/2023 at 12:25 PM, klpalp said:

Had anyone done the transportation from the Mahogany Bay port arranged by the hotel?  The directions I was given was to walk to security post and look for our driver with a sign with the hotel logo and our names.  The directions seemed kind of vague so I was wondering if anyone has done this and if you had any tips! 

If you don't mind my asking, how much does the transportation from the resort cost?  

5 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

If you don't mind my asking, how much does the transportation from the resort cost?  

Prices for passes and transportation from both ports listed on the website along with a warning about construction noise.

On 6/30/2023 at 5:03 PM, c-leg5 said:

Prices for passes and transportation from both ports listed on the website along with a warning about construction noise.

I don't see that about the prices for transportation. I just see the price for day passes and all inclusive day pass. 

On 6/30/2023 at 5:03 PM, c-leg5 said:

Ok...I think I see it when you go to check out.  Is it $35 per person or $35 total?

35 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Ok...I think I see it when you go to check out.  Is it $35 per person or $35 total?

I haven’t been but I would assume per person considering the general fares on Roatan.  

If you are a big group a private driver for the day would be cheaper but I am sure you can check price directly to be sure.

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

I haven’t been but I would assume per person considering the general fares on Roatan.  

If you are a big group a private driver for the day would be cheaper but I am sure you can check price directly to be sure.

I think it is probably per person so I went ahead and booked the Bodden tour for $40 per person. That way we can get a little cultural history of the island and also maybe check out some snorkeling at Half Moon Bay as well. 

This was my original post, so I wanted to come back and report what we did.   It was an easy walk outside the security gate. As soon as we walked over the hill there was a guy asking where we were going, we told him IB and he told us which guy was our driver.  We walked across the street and our driver was there with a IB logo on his shirt with our names on a piece of paper.   It was about a 40 min drive there, but it was in a van, with just our party of 5(both ways).  I had arranged our day direct with the resort and they arranged the transportation.  We were at Mahogany Bay so it was $35 per person that we paid to the driver in cash when he took us back after our day.  We paid the resort directly $30 per person for the day pass.  It got you a welcome drink with that.   Another important thing that I caught was Roatan time was 2 hours different from our ship time, so make sure to check your pickup time. They are on central time, but do not observe daylight savings! 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/1/2023 at 7:48 PM, klpalp said:

This was my original post, so I wanted to come back and report what we did.   It was an easy walk outside the security gate. As soon as we walked over the hill there was a guy asking where we were going, we told him IB and he told us which guy was our driver.  We walked across the street and our driver was there with a IB logo on his shirt with our names on a piece of paper.   It was about a 40 min drive there, but it was in a van, with just our party of 5(both ways).  I had arranged our day direct with the resort and they arranged the transportation.  We were at Mahogany Bay so it was $35 per person that we paid to the driver in cash when he took us back after our day.  We paid the resort directly $30 per person for the day pass.  It got you a welcome drink with that.   Another important thing that I caught was Roatan time was 2 hours different from our ship time, so make sure to check your pickup time. They are on central time, but do not observe daylight savings! 

KLPALP,  We have the same thing booked for our September cruise.  thanks for the update.  We were quoted 50.00 total on our confirmation.  not sure if it went up or if they will honor the price they gave us.  Any tips on where to head and what to take advantage of at the property?  Any food and or drink suggestions.  Thanks for your help .  Dan

4 minutes ago, ticketsunlimited said:

KLPALP,  We have the same thing booked for our September cruise.  thanks for the update.  We were quoted 50.00 total on our confirmation.  not sure if it went up or if they will honor the price they gave us.  Any tips on where to head and what to take advantage of at the property?  Any food and or drink suggestions.  Thanks for your help .  Dan

Which port are you at? Directions and prices are different for Port of Roatan.

The day pass rates do fluctuate according to season in the past but I haven’t seen reports of that recently. 

22 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Which port are you at? Directions and prices are different for Port of Roatan.

The day pass rates do fluctuate according to season in the past but I haven’t seen reports of that recently. 

C-LEG  going out of Coxen in Roatan.  Booked the AI in Cozumel as well at Allegro.  Any tips or have you heard anything good or bad at that resort

2 hours ago, ticketsunlimited said:

C-LEG  going out of Coxen in Roatan.  Booked the AI in Cozumel as well at Allegro.  Any tips or have you heard anything good or bad at that resort

Coxen Hole IS Port of Roatan, closer to West Bay than Mahogany and you won’t follow above directions for over the hill.

It has been a long time since we had a day pass at Allegro,(maybe 10?) so not up to date. It has a good kids pool and splashground, as well as the main pool. The beach was always considered to be one of the best on the island although i don’t know what the storms last year did - i do know Occidental next door (which we have actually stayed at) purportedly lost a lot of sand then. The buffet has a reputation for being very basic but a lot of reviews on TA about food and resort in general are from staying guests and we found it fine for a day pass, (again a long time ago). Not sure if you have kids and intend to use kids club but you may have read kids club burnt down a couple (?) of years back so not sure of current situation as we haven’t needed it. There is a young kids climbing frame but like most apparatus like that in Me i o be careful of the surfaces in the heat. I recall having to leave some ID at check-in (which is quite common for AI  day passes in exchange for towels and wrist bands (to make sure you check-out) but i have read comments on here by people that have been caught unawares. Not sure if we used expired drivers license or sea pass card.

Anything specific ask me on Cozumel board and i will try and remember! 

• Like 1