Panorama boarding time?

txsmiles

We will be on Panorama departing Long Beach on July 7th.  We are in a Family Harbor Suite, and at check-in received 11-11:30am arrival time, boarding zone A-03.  

Assuming "normal" operations, can anyone give me any idea about what time we are likely to actually get on board the ship?  Traveling with our grandsons and trying to decide whether we need to carry much in the way of snacks with us since it will be close to their lunchtim... the younger one is prone to become "hangry" if meals are too delayed so we'll definitly have something with us either way.

Appreciate whatever insight folks on recent Panorama trips can offer!

• Like 1

I just got off the ship yesterday.  I was A-04 and boarding started around 11:30am.

Hopefully you will have normal ops 7 July.  Debarkation started around 9:45am. We made an 11:35am flight out of Long Beach but it was rushed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Are you on a 7 day cruise, a journeys cruise? If the ship turn around has no delays you should be on board by 12-12:30. Bring some snacks to be safe. A journeys cruise check in times are not enforced,  you show up when you want to. This could cause a longer delay checking in and boarding This is because there are so many diamonds and platinums on these cruises.

Edited by skrufy
Spelling
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, crzndeb said:

7 day cruises aren’t Journey cruises. Journey cruise are normally 9/10+ days. 

Yes, I’m aware of that. Have been on many journeys cruises. Sorry for the confusion. Was just stating the different boarding procedures between the two. Am I forgiven.

• Like 1

Long Beach is one port where arrival times are strictly adhered to.  So if diamonds, platinums, suites and FTTF arrive before their arrival times, they will not be able to enter the terminal.  Long Beach has separate line-ups for all the arrival times, and everyone must get in their appropriate line.  With a 11:00 - 11:30 arrival time and being in a suite, you should be onboard by 12:00 - 12:30 under normal conditions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skrufy said:

Are you on a 7 day cruise, a journeys cruise? If the ship turn around has no delays you should be on board by 12-12:30. Bring some snacks to be safe. A journeys cruise check in times are not enforced,  you show up when you want to. This could cause a longer delay checking in and boarding This is because there are so many diamonds and platinums on these cruises.

Sorry to leave out these details, 7-day Mexican cruise. Not Journeys cruise.

2 hours ago, nwcruiselover said:

Long Beach is one port where arrival times are strictly adhered to.  So if diamonds, platinums, suites and FTTF arrive before their arrival times, they will not be able to enter the terminal.  Long Beach has separate line-ups for all the arrival times, and everyone must get in their appropriate line.  With a 11:00 - 11:30 arrival time and being in a suite, you should be onboard by 12:00 - 12:30 under normal conditions.

Thanks, appreciate the response!

6 hours ago, jeffsnoy said:

I just got off the ship yesterday.  I was A-04 and boarding started around 11:30am.

Hopefully you will have normal ops 7 July.  Debarkation started around 9:45am. We made an 11:35am flight out of Long Beach but it was rushed.

Thank you, this is helpful!