Celebrity Millennium MoveUp Program Questions

RWK1952

We are taking a Southbound, 7-day Alaska cruise on Celebrity Millennium in September 2023. We currently have an Aqua Class stateroom booked.

I just received an email from Celebrity regarding their MoveUp program. I am considering making an offer on an Aqua Class Sky Suite. I have a few questions.

1. The Aqua Class Sky Suite certainly seems to be a nice upgrade from the regular Aqua Class stateroom. Opinions?

2. I want to ensure that we are booked on the side of the ship facing the shoreline as we cruise south from Seward. That would be an odd numbered room. Can you specifically request a room on that side of the ship when you bid on MoveUp?

3. The minimum bid on an upgrade for that class of room is $500/pp. For people who have done this successfully, what would be a good, but also low minimum bid which would stand at least a chance of being accepted?

5.  Does a Sky Suite have an open veranda or is there another veranda overhead?

6.  Finally, what is the lowest MoveUp bid, per person, that anyone has made which has actually been accepted for a Sky Suite?

Thanks.

3 hours ago, RWK1952 said:

2. I want to ensure that we are booked on the side of the ship facing the shoreline as we cruise south from Seward. That would be an odd numbered room. Can you specifically request a room on that side of the ship when you bid on MoveUp?

No. They assign you wherever and, as we say to the kids in my class at school, "You get what you get and you don't get upset." If side of the ship is that important to you, guarantee cabins or Move Up are not programs for you.

• Like 1

You have no say in the cabin and you can not decline the move up.  If you have a winning bid your credit card is charged and you are notified. If a particular location is important then I recommend you would stay where you are.

35 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Sailing from Seward across the Gulf of Alaska you will be too far from shore for any views until you enter the inside passage.  At that time there will be views both sides.  EM

Exactly this. I say go for the Aqua Sky Suite.