What If I Cancel?

Rick&Jeannie

We have a sailing in 280 days.  I have only paid $500 towards this booking.  The NCL cancelation policy only starts talking about cancellations starting at 119 days (25%).  Should we decide to cancel...what happens to those funds?

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We have a sailing in 280 days.  I have only paid $500 towards this booking.  The NCL cancelation policy only starts talking about cancellations starting at 119 days (25%).  Should we decide to cancel...what happens to those funds?

If you booked in the US and your travel agent doesn’t have any restrictions, you get your money back. 

You cancel and funds will be returned to your original form of payment. (Credit card, debit card, cruise next certificate). 

Edited by BirdTravels

They say it can be 10 business days back to the credit card. In the past year when I have cancelled I've received the refund within 4 or 5 days. 

Edited by Mira28

25 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

No TA...booked direct.  How long does this type of refund typically take?

You can cancel 120 days out with no penalty, any deposit goes back to original form of payment. Last March I had to cancel one of my cruises, the refund went back to my Amex within 48 hrs.

That's one of the huge advantages to booking with NCL. Other cruise lines (Carnival, etc.) have non-refundable deposits...or they will give you a FCC for your deposit minus an "administrative fee"...whatever that is.

We recently canceled a Carnival cruise that had a $100 deposit. They charged $50 p/p as an administrative fee, which ate up our entire deposit. 

14 minutes ago, dmbcanada said:

I have to cancel my cruise due to some unforeseen expenses, we unknowingly purchased a cruisefirst certificate to put down the deposit.  We need the money back, will NCL give cash back?

They will reinstate the certificate to your account in a couple of days. Never have seen NCL give cash back in lieu of a certificate reinstatement.