Rental car and overnight parking in San Francisco port

It looks like our Oct 21, 2023 Princess Discovery cruise will overnight in SF. There’s 4 of us thinking about renting a car and heading to visit relatives in San Rafael then head to wine country. Day 2 to San Jose and Los Gatos. Where can we easily rent a car by the pier and park overnight after day 1? We don’t need to sightsee SF. TIA.

I'm interested in this as well. We're on the Discovery Princess on the October 7 sailing and are interested in renting for the first of our two days in SF. Near as I can tell, the best rental car option near the pier, which I believe will be Pier 27, will be at Fisherman's Wharf, about a 20 minute walk north along the Emracadero.  All the major car rental companies are there. As to parking, there appears to be a parking garage right at Pier 27

https://lots.impark.com/imp?utm_source=google&utm_medium=maps&utm_content=0270081&utm_campaign=local_us#details=27,81

11 hours ago, highloyo said:

Where can we easily rent a car by the pier and park overnight after day 1?

Anytime I've rented a car in downtown SF was either at Fishermans Wharf or Union Square (located inside the Hilton). My specific experience has been with Avis at both locations (the Fishermans Wharf Avis is located right next to the In-N-Out Burger so that's a bonus!). Fishermans Wharf will be closest to you at the cruise pier. Always have had a great experience although there are all the other major rental companies there as well.

In terms of parking I would find a secure garage and not leave anything of value in the car overnight. Unfortunately car break ins in the tourist area of SF seem to be more of a thing than other places these days. You could also ask the rental company if you could repark the car in their lot that night-- worst thing they could say is no. When I stay in town I always park my rental with the valet at my hotel so I don't have any specific parking recs for you but there are garages nearby. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 3:14 AM, lx200gps said:

parking garage right at Pier 27

Their website you posted says there is no parking on cruise days. 

"Lot Details

Number Of Spaces:
Lot Number:
Lot Type:
Surface Transient Parking Lot
Restrictions :
No Parking On Cruise Days
Entrance:
The Embarcadero
Exit:
The Embarcadero"

Try this one nearby: