Jump to content

Do interior cabins on Borealis have ocean views?


ace2542
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

 

 They are inside, have no windows and so have no views. Have a look at the website to see them.

 

Somer larger ships with other cruise-lines have cabins that look onto a open central atrium or courtyard... that's not the case with any of the FOCLs ships.

I did I saw curtains on the wall behind the bed that is what I threw me a little bit but I understand now the curtains are just their for decoration

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/28/2023 at 8:35 AM, ace2542 said:

I thought they where inside cabins like on QM2 or NCL with no window or view of outside world?

 

Yes inside cabins are just that, I think a lot of cruise lines, have curtains or other trick to perhaps make them feel more homely, though not sure it works.  The best inside we had was on Swan Hellenics Minerva II a long time ago which had a big mirror above the bed.   We have been on that ship twice since but in an outside when it was P&O's Adonia and in balcony cabin on Azamara Pursuit (the current incarnation).  I know the QM2 has cabins which look into the atrium, basically straight across to another similar cabin on the other side, but I cannot remember what Cunard call them.  Perhaps there are similar on some other big ships.  If you look at outside (sometimes called sea view) cabins with a window, on any cruise line, check to see if it has a lifeboat outside the window when there will only be limited sea view or perhaps even none, though they do have real daylight, albeit not bright light.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2023 at 4:58 PM, tring said:

 

Yes inside cabins are just that, I think a lot of cruise lines, have curtains or other trick to perhaps make them feel more homely, though not sure it works.  The best inside we had was on Swan Hellenics Minerva II a long time ago which had a big mirror above the bed.   We have been on that ship twice since but in an outside when it was P&O's Adonia and in balcony cabin on Azamara Pursuit (the current incarnation).  I know the QM2 has cabins which look into the atrium, basically straight across to another similar cabin on the other side, but I cannot remember what Cunard call them.  Perhaps there are similar on some other big ships.  If you look at outside (sometimes called sea view) cabins with a window, on any cruise line, check to see if it has a lifeboat outside the window when there will only be limited sea view or perhaps even none, though they do have real daylight, albeit not bright light.

 

 

 

I am onboard july 19th so I guess I will see what the crack is.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/3/2023 at 8:49 AM, ace2542 said:

I am onboard july 19th so I guess I will see what the crack is.

 

Hope you have a great cruise, I will be in hospital that day for investigative surgery, so will be a big day for me as well, though must admit would prefer to be ha be having cruise ship food and drinks 🙂

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tring said:

 

Hope you have a great cruise, I will be in hospital that day for investigative surgery, so will be a big day for me as well, though must admit would prefer to be ha be having cruise ship food and drinks 🙂

 

Hope all goes well on 19 th

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Hope all goes well on 19 th

 

Hi,

 

Thanks, I do not have any symptoms, so even if something does come up, it should be OK to treat.  Age advances and just have to get on with life, but we have been doing very well for hols lately, so cannot complain.  Allan had a health issue over the winter, but all looking fine now and he is as fit as ever.  Hope you are OK and may I ask after your mum?

 

Barbara

 

Edited by tring
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, tring said:

 

Hi,

 

Thanks, I do not have any symptoms, so even if something does come up, it should be OK to treat.  Age advances and just have to get on with life, but we have been doing very well for hols lately, so cannot complain.  Allan had a health issue over the winter, but all looking fine now and he is as fit as ever.  Hope you are OK and may I ask after your mum?

 

Barbara

 

I've had a few health problems over the past year, but nothing that has stopped me cruising!. My mum passed away last October but she was 92 and managed to stay living independently until the end which was a blessing.We are looking forward to our next cruise with Princess to Iceland and Greenland in August. We also are watching the price of the 26 night cruise with Fred to the Adriatic in September so may book that. Take care

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

I've had a few health problems over the past year, but nothing that has stopped me cruising!. My mum passed away last October but she was 92 and managed to stay living independently until the end which was a blessing.We are looking forward to our next cruise with Princess to Iceland and Greenland in August. We also are watching the price of the 26 night cruise with Fred to the Adriatic in September so may book that. Take care

 

Sorry to hear about your mum and your health issues, but yes we just need to make the most of what we can now, while we can.  We are booked on Aurora to NY and back in September, so thinking if that may be affected if anything comes to light later this month, but at least will be covered by insurance as just found by chance when something else was being monitored.  We have plenty else planned as well, including Borealis at Christmas (which was no worse priced than anything else when we booked) and the Bolette  Canada/Greenland Arctic cruise from Liverpool next July for a special occasion as it has a really unusual itinerary and gives us another chance to meet up with my brother and SIL in Newfoundland.  The Liverpool departures will be great as well. 

 

I have had some contact with the other CC member, who was on the same Princess cruise as us, recently.  Though he is not posting now, he is fine,

 

Enjoy your cruises,

 

Barbara

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, tring said:

 

Sorry to hear about your mum and your health issues, but yes we just need to make the most of what we can now, while we can.  We are booked on Aurora to NY and back in September, so thinking if that may be affected if anything comes to light later this month, but at least will be covered by insurance as just found by chance when something else was being monitored.  We have plenty else planned as well, including Borealis at Christmas (which was no worse priced than anything else when we booked) and the Bolette  Canada/Greenland Arctic cruise from Liverpool next July for a special occasion as it has a really unusual itinerary and gives us another chance to meet up with my brother and SIL in Newfoundland.  The Liverpool departures will be great as well. 

 

I have had some contact with the other CC member, who was on the same Princess cruise as us, recently.  Though he is not posting now, he is fine,

 

Enjoy your cruises,

 

Barbara

 

My father passed away a couple of weeks ago. We had the Borealis booked back in Jan before we could imagine any of this happening. It will be my first solo cruise. We got into cruising quite late my father was 75 when we done our first one and we lost time to Covid. He really would have liked sailing out past the liver buildings he was born on tatlock street I think it was.

 

I hope everything works out okay for you and you get back to cruising again. On another note do you think the Liverpool cruise terminal will grow. It is a great place sail out of as a base. It gets a lot of ships calling in but only a few home base there.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

My father passed away a couple of weeks ago. We had the Borealis booked back in Jan before we could imagine any of this happening. It will be my first solo cruise. We got into cruising quite late my father was 75 when we done our first one and we lost time to Covid. He really would have liked sailing out past the liver buildings he was born on tatlock street I think it was.

 

I hope everything works out okay for you and you get back to cruising again. On another note do you think the Liverpool cruise terminal will grow. It is a great place sail out of as a base. It gets a lot of ships calling in but only a few home base there.

 

 

 

 

 

There were plans to construct a new terminal just north of the current one, (at the end of the road which goes between the terminal and the river if you can picture the area).  There were delays with the date put back, as often happens with planning issues.  Then along came covid and corresponding funding problems as well.  When I last heard, they had put the whole plan on hold, partly because they were not sure cruising would return in the same way.  With current financial problems etc. So I am not sure the plan will be brought back and completed any time soon, but worth googling every so often.  The plan involved building out, partly over the river, and some bedrock investigatory work had already been done, so it was a real plan, not just an idea.  The landing stage would need to stay because there is a massive tidal range here.

 

It was originally planned as a port of call structure only and even now there is only one Fred ship sailing out of there for part of the year, along with only one other ship doing only a few summer cruises for a month or so.  The big advantage is the location, being in the centre of the city for port calls and it is a very popular port call, partly because of that reason, bringing in a lot for the local economy.

 

Sorry to hear of your loss, which must have hit you hard, but it is good you have decided to still go on your cruise and I hope you have a really good time which helps you get over your loss.

 

Barbara

 

Edited by tring
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Set Sail Beyond the Ordinary with Oceania Cruises
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: The Widest View in the Whole Wide World
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...