Is the "healthcare workers' appreciation" OBC available in Europe?

ExpatBride

I found an article that says this program has been extended to UK and Europe, but I can't find where to apply. The only link I can find to request this $100 OBC gives a dropdown option of US or Canada, but my SO is a licensed physician in Europe.

I sent an email to HAL last week but I haven't received a reply. That's why I'm asking here. Does anyone know?

Edited by ExpatBride

1 hour ago, CruiserBruce said:

I am not aware that such credits are limited by region. Occasionally by type of fare booked under, but not by region.

To clarify, I'm looking for specific information on how to request this OBC in Europe – assuming it's available.

1 hour ago, ExpatBride said:

I found an article that says this program has been extended to UK and Europe, but I can't find where to apply. The only link I can find to request this $100 OBC gives a dropdown option of US or Canada, but my SO is a licensed physician in Europe.

I sent an email to HAL last week but I haven't received a reply. That's why I'm asking here. Does anyone know?

I know for sure that it only applies to US and Canadian military veterans, so same applies to the health care workers I should say. All of the official statements on that are only accessible through the US website, not in Europe. The only text I can find is on a news website:

"The appreciation offer — that now includes first responders, healthcare workers and active, retired and veteran members of the military from the U.S. and Canada."

Sadly, many of the offers are only for North American guests, same goes for the refer a friend offer, which does not include European guest.

Just managed to get on the Holland America US website and this should answer your question, you can fill out a form if you are eligible for the offer and only two countries to choose from are US and Canada;

Schermafbeelding2023-06-28121657.png.21fa18dbc0cd13fbaf44d5c038ce6c02.png

Edited by Alphen
  • Thanks 1

@Alphen Thanks! That's what I was referring to. But then I found this (not sure if I'm allowed to link, so I'll copy/paste):

Holland America Line (HAL) has extended its Military Appreciation Offer to first responders and healthcare workers from the UK and Europe.

26 minutes ago, ExpatBride said:

@Alphen Thanks! That's what I was referring to. But then I found this (not sure if I'm allowed to link, so I'll copy/paste):

Holland America Line (HAL) has extended its Military Appreciation Offer to first responders and healthcare workers from the UK and Europe.

Well, if you can find a location on the HAL website where you can fill in a form and select from anything other than US or Canada, I am all for it!

1 minute ago, Alphen said:

Well, if you can find a location on the HAL website where you can fill in a form and select from anything other than US or Canada, I am all for it!

That's what I'm asking. Does anyone know if/where the elusive UK/EU form exists?

20 minutes ago, ExpatBride said:

That's what I'm asking. Does anyone know if/where the elusive UK/EU form exists?

If you are from the UK, you should be able to find the form, if it exists. From the Netherlands no such luck. After contacting HAL, I already learned that the veterans offer is only for US/CAN, the same goes for the aforementioned refer a friend offer. Where did you find the statement that the Military Appreciation Offer to first responders and healthcare workers it is now extended to Europeans?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alphen said:

If you are from the UK, you should be able to find the form, if it exists. From the Netherlands no such luck. After contacting HAL, I already learned that the veterans offer is only for US/CAN, the same goes for the aforementioned refer a friend offer. Where did you find the statement that the Military Appreciation Offer to first responders and healthcare workers it is now extended to Europeans?

Unfortunately, I'm in Denmark. 

It was a news release from 2022, so a bit outdated but I was hoping since the US/Canada off is still valid this would be, too.

This is where I saw it: https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/hal-to-offer-healthcare-workers-100-onboard-credit-32610

1 hour ago, ExpatBride said:

It was a news release from 2022, so a bit outdated but I was hoping since the US/Canada off is still valid this would be, too.

I cannot find a release in 2022 mentioning UK/Europe.  It was only on 1st February 2022 that the release was issued including Canada into the promotion, as previously it was USA only.  Even this states that the promo is only until May 2022.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/holland-america-line-extends-military-onboard-spending-money

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/media-center/news-releases?b0360944_field_nir_news_category[value][0]=4081&b0360944_year[value]=2022&op=Filter&b0360944_widget_id=b0360944&form_build_id=form-LlrJ9xVzS11vXQ_l2MwgEFB2JFwueQbhiGAKglh1QI4&form_id=widget_form_base&page=3

Can you phone Rotterdam office?

Edited by VMax1700
  • Thanks 1

Just to close the loop on this (maybe it could help someone else). I received the following message from HAL CS.  

This is amusing considering the salary/working conditions of US physicians in private practice vs. European doctors working the public sector  😅

"The Community Appreciation Cruise Offers are for United States and Canada residents only."

Thank you, everybody!

I had no idea such thing existed with Holland America. 

Just got verified as eligible for this healthcare onboard credit.

Can I add it to existing booking? Or it only can be used for new bookings? As I have only one cruise in the books with Holland America so far. And it is already paid in full, as it's less than 2 months before it starts.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoieNsk said:

Thank you, everybody!

I had no idea such thing existed with Holland America. 

Just got verified as eligible for this healthcare onboard credit.

Can I add it to existing booking? Or it only can be used for new bookings? As I have only one cruise in the books with Holland America so far. And it is already paid in full, as it's less than 2 months before it starts.

The OBC is only for one cruise booking at a time.  Some report they say it is only once a year.  My practice is to apply and understand if they say no 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mary229 said:

The OBC is only for one cruise booking at a time.  Some report they say it is only once a year.  My practice is to apply and understand if they say no 

Thank you!

I will try once the holidays are over.

I have to call my big-box travel agency for that.

1 minute ago, JoieNsk said:

Thank you!

I will try once the holidays are over.

I have to call my big-box travel agency for that.

You can do this on your own.  I have an agent also but always handle my special OBC 

• Thanks 1