Any Chocolate Kiosk on Explora ?

morpheusofthesea

1 minute ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Checking the shoppes and do not see any premium European confectioner on board. Would rather not have to stock up on comfort food.

I have not seen anything regarding shops on board - except the 3 watch shops! 

• Thanks 1

I think we will discover the “more ordinary shops” in two weeks time when folks board. 
I’m starting a list of things to post back on in the first few days (I doubt I will manage it all Day 1) and I’ve added sources of chocolate to my list 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I think we will discover the “more ordinary shops” in two weeks time when folks board. 
I’m starting a list of things to post back on in the first few days (I doubt I will manage it all Day 1) and I’ve added sources of chocolate to my list 😀

Having valued greatly your insight on another board, I very much look forward to reading your pearls of wisdom😀. Are you on the inaugural ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Why ?   I attribute most of my weight gain on MSC to their confections.

But I did chip a back tooth trying to bite into my ship

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Why ?   I attribute most of my weight gain on MSC to their confections.

I don’t know if that can be true. I have actually gained weight since the chocolate ships disappeared. I attribute that to the anxiety of not knowing what my Diamond gift will be that cruise. It was so comforting I could rely on receiving two chocolate ships in my stateroom. 😀 

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Any Chocolate Kiosk on Explora ?
  • 2 months later...
On 6/30/2023 at 12:48 PM, kelleherdl said:

I don’t know if that can be true. I have actually gained weight since the chocolate ships disappeared. I attribute that to the anxiety of not knowing what my Diamond gift will be that cruise. It was so comforting I could rely on receiving two chocolate ships in my stateroom. 😀 

Revisited. Any special confectioner kiosk on board like Venchi?

45 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Revisited. Any special confectioner kiosk on board like Venchi?

No. Actually, very little retail. At least where I am willing to buy anything. You’ve of course heard of the very high end shops. Crema cafe does have some nice chocolate bark available afternoon.

Edited by kelleherdl
  • Thanks 2

On 9/16/2023 at 12:44 PM, morpheusofthesea said:

How is the evening entertainment? 

Actually pretty nice. Think night club acts not Broadway. The ship’s show band is very good. They back up the invited vocal artists at the Journey Lounge and can be seen at the smaller lounges, either as a quintet or trio. The main lounge evenings are themed vocals. Last night was ‘broadly’ speaking an evening of modern Scandinavian pop music. The ABBA medley was a huge hit last night and very well done. These shows will be regionally themed. This is really the main dancing venue. The smaller lounges, Astern and Explora have either piano or vocals. I don’t think either are permanent ship musicians, but brought on for cruise segments. Nice music to accompany lounge conversations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 6/30/2023 at 10:08 AM, kool kruiser said:

Having valued greatly your insight on another board, I very much look forward to reading your pearls of wisdom😀. Are you on the inaugural ?

Hi Colin - are we due to hear some pearls of wisdom from you guys very soon? EJ trip still coming up? Hope you enjoy as much as Stickman is currently enjoying his experience.

Adrian  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noggins said:

Hi Colin - are we due to hear some pearls of wisdom from you guys very soon? EJ trip still coming up? Hope you enjoy as much as Stickman is currently enjoying his experience.

Adrian  

Hi Adrian

Ours in at the beginning of November. Will certainly post our thoughts when we return. Hope this may help when you get on board.

Also looking forward to hearing from you as well. Am I right in thinking that you now possess a kilt for use on cruises with formal nights ??!! Isn't it cold up there ?

Best to you both

Colin

9 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

Hi Adrian

Ours in at the beginning of November. Will certainly post our thoughts when we return. Hope this may help when you get on board.

Also looking forward to hearing from you as well. Am I right in thinking that you now possess a kilt for use on cruises with formal nights ??!! Isn't it cold up there ?

Best to you both

Colin

Maybe not just formal nights, Colin....

And we have had an incrdible hot and dry Summer - believe it or not.

I'm sure the world of CC is gagging to hear of our two upcoming EJ experiences! Wishing you both a fab time and am looking forward to a good read.

Adrian 

• Like 1