Max amount of drinks.

kasowell2

18 minutes ago, memoak said:

Are you saying I can have unlimited alcohol for one fixed price on Celebrity ?  I would love to see the wording on that deal. Well if I read their info correct it is $109 per day per person plus 20%. That would make the plan double the price of Princesses

When you book comparable trips with Princess and Celebrity to include the equal packages they are each approximately $600 over the cruise only price. And yes Celebrity’s drinks are unlimited with the caveat that obviously over indulgent can be cut off at bartenders discretion and not the number 15 count

27 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

When you book comparable trips with Princess and Celebrity to include the equal packages they are each approximately $600 over the cruise only price. And yes Celebrity’s drinks are unlimited with the caveat that obviously over indulgent can be cut off at bartenders discretion and not the number 15 count

I'm not sure I understand. Princess doesn't limit drinks to only 15 per day. You can have as many as you can handle if they don't cut you off. The 15 drink "limit" is only the amount of drinks included in the Plus package without paying any extra. If you consume 15 alcoholic drinks in the period from 6:00 AM to 6:00AM and then want to have more they will certainly sell you more if you aren't obviously whacked out on liquor but you will then be charged for each of those extra drinks. If you don't purchase the Plus fare you can still drink a zillion drinks but you are charged individually for each drink.

So, to be specific, there is a drink package on Celebrity with unlimited drinks included? If so, what is the package called and what is the cost?

• Like 1

The original question asked did Princess limit you to 15 alcoholic drinks whether on the package or purchasing like someone stated about Carnival. All of Celebrity’s drink package are unlimited up to each package drink max. It is not limited to 15 alcoholic drinks as Princess is. I’m aware that other than alcoholic drinks are not limited. Celebrity’s is unlimited in all including can sodas and the large bottles of water on the top package.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kasowell2 said:

All of Celebrity’s drink package are unlimited up to each package drink max. It is not limited to 15 alcoholic drinks as Princess is.

So what is the limit of the Celebrity package?

Princess only limits it to 15 alcoholic drinks per day which doesn't see all that onerous of a restriction. We're booked for 32 days this fall on a B2B2B. That entitles each of us to 480 (32 x 15) alcoholic drinks - assuming we consume 15 per day each.

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

So what is the limit UNLIMITED of the Celebrity package?

Princess only limits it to 15 alcoholic drinks per day which doesn't see all that onerous of a restriction. We're booked for 32 days this fall on a B2B2B. That entitles each of us to 480 (32 x 15) alcoholic drinks - assuming we consume 15 per day each.

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Are you saying I can have unlimited alcohol for one fixed price on Celebrity ?  I would love to see the wording on that deal. Well if I read their info correct it is $109 per day per person plus 20%. That would make the plan double the price of Princesses

Better deal if you get the All Included (AI) package. Comes with unlimited Classic Beverage Package (CBP), gratuities and Wi-Fi. Very similar to Princess Plus and Premier packages. 

Since I can't actually quote your reply as you embedded it into my reply I will past it here. You merely changed my word "limit" to all caps and underlined unlimited which I find not only unhelpful but snotty.

So what is the limit UNLIMITED of the Celebrity package?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

My post was referring specifically the the previous wording:

All of Celebrity’s drink package are unlimited up to each package drink max. It is not limited to 15 alcoholic drinks as Princess is.

This clearly says there is a max for the package That is the "limit" to which I was referring. What is the referenced  "max"?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Thrak said:

No limit on any type of drink with either the Classic Beverage Package or the Premium Beverage Package. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No limit on any type of drink with either the Classic Beverage Package or the Premium Beverage Package. 

So then I don't understand the word "max" in the previous post. What is the cost of the Classic Beverage Package? How does it compare to the Princess Plus fare that is now $60 per day and includes the daily gratuity and unlimited Internet access? The drink portion of it is far less than that $60 charge and would actually only pay for about 5 drinks per day if it wasn't part of the package. Out of that $60 per day you need to deduct $16 for daily gratuities and $15 for unlimited Internet access which leaves only $29 a day for the actual cost of the 15 alcoholic and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks. That wouldn't go very far. My drinks are generally in the $12 range so $12 x 15 = $180.

Is anything included with the Classic Beverage Package other than drinks? I'm not being snide - I am genuinely curious.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thrak said:

So then I don't understand the word "max" in the previous post. What is the cost of the Classic Beverage Package? How does it compare to the Princess Plus fare that is now $60 per day and includes the daily gratuity and unlimited Internet access? The drink portion of it is far less than that $60 charge and would actually only pay for about 5 drinks per day if it wasn't part of the package.

For the CBP, the max per drink cost is $10.00. Any drink over the $10.00 max with the CBP you pay the difference of the drink plus 20% gratuity.  We book our Celebrity cruises with the AI package. Cost varies. Length of cruise, stateroom type. Two types of AI packages. Both come with gratuities, and WI-Fi. One package is the Classic Beverage Package and the other is the Premium Beverage package. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info. I don't know what the drink costs are on Celebrity but I would hate to be limited to $10 drinks on Princess. I don't know that there is much I'd want to drink in that range other than maybe beer and Princess has a truly lame beer selection. Princess Plus includes drinks up to $15 and for drinks over that amount we are charged the difference plus 18% gratuity.

Edit: I just now checked drink prices on Princess and it seems there are actually a lot of drinks that are no more than $10. I guess I just don't tend to drink them. I seem my wife's Lemon Drop Martini fits in that category.

Edited by Thrak

8 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Thanks for the info. I don't know what the drink costs are on Celebrity but I would hate to be limited to $10 drinks on Princess. I don't know that there is much I'd want to drink in that range other than maybe beer and Princess has a truly lame beer selection.

For the PBP, the max per drink cost is $17.00. Any drink over the $17.00 max with the PBP you pay the difference of the drink plus 20% gratuity. We've got the Plus Beverage Package for our March 2024 Enchanted cruise. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

I am far too cheap to pay for the Premier Beverage Package! I also don't have the palate to be a big time wine person. One of my wife's sisters buys spendy wine and had a couple hundred bottles but that's not me - or my wife. We both like wine and we like really good wine but we won't pay for it and are fine with lesser stuff. (No, we don't buy Chuck...) We're content to drink Meiomi or Spellbound on the ship. My wife will usually drink 4 or maybe 5 drinks a day on a cruise and that includes a beer or two when she's hanging out reading (with an occasional cooling dip) at the aft pool.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

It looks like no limit but it also looks like it costs about $130 per day per person   That’s about double a plus package. 

Edited by memoak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When I have had a drink package, I have found that after about three days of "trying to get my money's worth", my body tells me to stop.  I mean that the thought of more alcohol is not appealing. 

That being said, I always carry around a napkin adding up the price of the drinks all day to make sure I am "in the good".  😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Thanks for the info. I don't know what the drink costs are on Celebrity but I would hate to be limited to $10 drinks on Princess. I don't know that there is much I'd want to drink in that range other than maybe beer and Princess has a truly lame beer selection. Princess Plus includes drinks up to $15 and for drinks over that amount we are charged the difference plus 18% gratuity.

Edit: I just now checked drink prices on Princess and it seems there are actually a lot of drinks that are no more than $10. I guess I just don't tend to drink them. I seem my wife's Lemon Drop Martini fits in that category.

I looked at the Celebrity drink packages FAQ and it seems they do not have Jameson which if I remember correctly is your choice of beverage.

Our last Princess cruise was March 2010 on the Grand. Our next cruise with Princess isn't until March 2024 on the Enchanted. We both have the Plus Beverage Package (first time). Is the type of BP coded on our SeaPass cards? Are we allowed to order drinks (alcohol)  as soon as we board the ship?  I'm assuming the BP is like with Celebrity's BP and you can order drinks anytime (?). 

37 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Only beverages containing alcohol count towards the 15 limit per day.

Thank you and i should have asked, do you have to pay extra for the non alcohol drinks or are they included as unlimited on the package?  In keeping with the Celebrity example, their packages include everything up to a certain dollar amount with no limits so im just trying to figure out if they only thing that Princess is counting is Alcohol beverages, everything else is included and unlimited? I can go through 10 bottled waters easily in a day, especially if i somehow make it to the gym...

Thanks

3 minutes ago, 20165 said:

Thank you and i should have asked, do you have to pay extra for the non alcohol drinks or are they included as unlimited on the package?  In keeping with the Celebrity example, their packages include everything up to a certain dollar amount with no limits so im just trying to figure out if they only thing that Princess is counting is Alcohol beverages, everything else is included and unlimited? I can go through 10 bottled waters easily in a day, especially if i somehow make it to the gym...

Thanks

Non-alcohol beverages are unlimited and none exceed the package upper cost limit AFAIK.

2 hours ago, 20165 said:

Sorry if i missed this somewhere in this post, but do can cokes, bottle waters, etc count against your 15 drinks per day?

Can sodas are not included just fountain sodas

1 hour ago, 20165 said:

Thanks

Fountain sodas, tea, coffee bottled water all included and unlimited. They do not count toward your 15

13 hours ago, brisalta said:

I looked at the Celebrity drink packages FAQ and it seems they do not have Jameson which if I remember correctly is your choice of beverage.

Nope. While I do tend to have Jameson in my morning Vanilla Latte sometimes I tend to drink Bulleit Rye if it's available or Bulleit Bourbon. I sometimes have a Chairman of the Board. If I want a more fluffy drink I get a 24K Gold Margarita on the rocks in a rocks glass. We do patronize Vines pretty much daily. On our next cruises I think I'll try some of the Good Spirits drinks although I doubt I will find them as fabulous as many others seem to do. It will be 32 days on Grand Princess and that's plenty of time to "branch out" and play with some unusual drinks. Getting back to the Jameson, I do enjoy Irish Whiskey and have recently been checking out some of the Jameson offerings like their Caskmates and Black Barrel editions and I notice Princess is now offering 12 year old Redbreast. I have a bottle of Bushmills in the cupboard at the moment - and also am a fan of Scotch but not at all a fan of the Dewar's white label they have in the mini-bar. A Scotch that needs to be mixed or cut with something is not of interest to me. I'm more a fan of single malt Scotch.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1