Specialty Restaurants Open for Lunch?

lgdesign

I had read about Food Republic being open on ships for lunch in addition to dinner. 

Does anyone know if that's the case on every ship that has Food Republic? 

Is it every day?

And also, are any other specialty restaurants ever open for lunch?

Thanks in advance!

32 minutes ago, lgdesign said:

I had read about Food Republic being open on ships for lunch in addition to dinner. 

Does anyone know if that's the case on every ship that has Food Republic? 

Is it every day?

And also, are any other specialty restaurants ever open for lunch?

Thanks in advance!

FR was the only specialty restaurant open for lunch last summer on Joy.

I believe it was only open on sea days.

I went once on a sea day and it was terrific and I plan on doing it again in 23 days when I sail Joy again.

• Like 1

Obviously, things can change with short notice, but I figured I'd add another data point:  Food Republic was NOT open for lunch on Prima when we sailed last fall (early Nov.). .  Wasn't really a problem though because Indulge is AMAZING!!! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I like Food Republic. If you use a dining credit, you pick 4 items. Plenty for 2 to share for lunch. 😋 
American Diner is also open at lunch. 

I had read that just recently they were cracking down on two people sharing 1 dining credit between them for two items each for sharing.  That would be a bummer because I had wanted to try that.  4 items per person is a LOT.

Not sure if that was for lunch, dinner or both... perhaps someone who has done it during the last few weeks can let us know if they were successful or not.

Edited by lgdesign

1 hour ago, lgdesign said:

I had read that just recently they were cracking down on two people sharing 1 dining credit between them for two items each for sharing.  That would be a bummer because I had wanted to try that.  4 items per person is a LOT.

Not sure if that was for lunch, dinner or both... perhaps someone who has done it during the last few weeks can let us know if they were successful or not.

I think you can only share a dining credit at Food Republic. The waiter is the one that suggested we share. We did this (for lunch) on the Bliss in Nov ‘22 and on the Encore Feb ‘23. 

16 minutes ago, dobiemom said:

I think you can only share a dining credit at Food Republic. The waiter is the one that suggested we share. We did this (for lunch) on the Bliss in Nov ‘22 and on the Encore Feb ‘23. 

It has recently changed. Even Food Republic no longer allows sharing...but if the server looks the other way, well....

An SDP meal in a la carte restaurants includes 1 appetizer, 1 soup or salad, 1 main course and 1 dessert (does not apply to cover charge restaurants or Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar and Sushi, where a meal includes any 4 menu items). No sharing or to go orders permitted.

9 hours ago, brigand13 said:

Obviously, things can change with short notice, but I figured I'd add another data point:  Food Republic was NOT open for lunch on Prima when we sailed last fall (early Nov.). .  Wasn't really a problem though because Indulge is AMAZING!!! 

I'm on the Viva next January and I'm looking forward to Indulge.  Did you try the Indian restaurant?

52 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

It has recently changed. Even Food Republic no longer allows sharing...but if the server looks the other way, well....

An SDP meal in a la carte restaurants includes 1 appetizer, 1 soup or salad, 1 main course and 1 dessert (does not apply to cover charge restaurants or Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar and Sushi, where a meal includes any 4 menu items). No sharing or to go orders permitted.

Bummer. 🙁 

8 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm on the Viva next January and I'm looking forward to Indulge.  Did you try the Indian restaurant?

I tried the Indian restaurant in Indulge on Prima several times in February and found it excellent. There are different items at lunch and dinner, all of them really good. Highlight was the naan bread made fresh in their tandoori oven at dinner. A crowd gathers to watch the performance! If you only want Indian you can grab a barstool right at the restaurant and watch them make the naan and deliver it directly to you, piping hot, along with the other Indian dishes you ordered. Very fast service. This is also a good way to find a seat in a very busy/crowded venue, but you are restricted to that restaurant's menu. If you want Indian as well as other dishes, you need to sit at a table where the menu tablets include all of the restaurants. Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1