MSC CHANGED SAILING DATE

joyce&bob

MSC changed my sail date from 5/5  to 6/02 on the Seashore without checking with me.  They not only changed the date, on the 5/5 cruise, but we had a handicapped cabin. On the 6/02 cruise, we are still in Yacht Club but no longer in a handicapped room.  All I received was an email confirming a booking on a different date with a different non-handicapped cabin number. I called MSC but was only told I would receive an email with choices.  All I received was an email giving me a different date and cabin.

I know Ocean Cay will be closed for the 5/5/2024 sailing, but I do not understand the lack of communication.  Or not being given a choice as to what I want.  As a side note, the handicapped cabin, especially the handicapped bathroom, is important for my husband.. 

This is not our first MSC cruise but our first Yacht Club cabin.  Wondering if anyone knows a phone number I can call to speak to someone who could help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Try calling 1-833-286-5159. 

It seems odd that they would automatically move your sailing by a month. Did you check your Spam & Trash email folders to see if you had received a previous email that you may have missed? My May 8 Divina cruise was canceled and I received an email with my options, which included moving to a different sailing date and / or ship or getting a refund. If I did not reply by a specific date, the default option was a refund. 

Edited by JT1962

3 hours ago, joyce&bob said:

MSC changed my sail date from 5/5  to 6/02 on the Seashore without checking with me.  They not only changed the date, on the 5/5 cruise, but we had a handicapped cabin. On the 6/02 cruise, we are still in Yacht Club but no longer in a handicapped room.  All I received was an email confirming a booking on a different date with a different non-handicapped cabin number. I called MSC but was only told I would receive an email with choices.  All I received was an email giving me a different date and cabin.

I know Ocean Cay will be closed for the 5/5/2024 sailing, but I do not understand the lack of communication.  Or not being given a choice as to what I want.  As a side note, the handicapped cabin, especially the handicapped bathroom, is important for my husband.. 

This is not our first MSC cruise but our first Yacht Club cabin.  Wondering if anyone knows a phone number I can call to speak to someone who could help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

The same thing happened to me; my 4/25 sailing in a Yacht Club handicapped cabin on the Seashore was changed to a 6/6 sailing in a Yacht Club non-handicapped cabin.  However, I was emailed about the change and given a number to call with questions: 888-202-6525. When I called that number, I was told that I had to call again on or after Wednesday, July 5 and then they will change me back to a handicapped cabin. The new date is acceptable to me but I need a handicapped accessible cabin.

• Like 1

This sort of sketchy (or no) notification is common for MSC.  I discuss a number of similar situations in an earlier MSC Comedy of Error thread.

At least you now know this is occurring and you can address the situation well in advance..

Thanks fir the advice…to complicate matters we are traveling with another couple, they too were changed to the 6/02 sailing.  When we booked our cabins were next to each other.  Now they are even on another floor.  What a mess…

My original booking on the Seashore is June 2. I was concerned about the construction taking longer than expected and that date (with the overnight stay in Ocean Cay) being changed. I feel better now that they are moving other dates to that one. The June 2 price was excellent when I booked it, but has risen sharply. 

16 hours ago, actuarian said:

The same thing happened to me; my 4/25 sailing in a Yacht Club handicapped cabin on the Seashore was changed to a 6/6 sailing in a Yacht Club non-handicapped cabin.  However, I was emailed about the change and given a number to call with questions: 888-202-6525. When I called that number, I was told that I had to call again on or after Wednesday, July 5 and then they will change me back to a handicapped cabin. The new date is acceptable to me but I need a handicapped accessible cabin.

Similar situation, but as long as you had completed the Special Needs Form, they will find you a H/C room.

• Like 1