Christmas Market Cruise 2024

PixieMom3

Have wanted to do a Christmas Market cruise and finally booked one for 2024. Picked Viking Christmas on the Rhine from Basel to Amsterdam. Because of work the best time is leaving on November 23rd. I'm really nervous that that is too early and I'm starting to freak out a little about this. Any input on if we should try and change the dates? 

You actually may just be okay but not for all of them I tried to copy the events list but failed. If you search Christmas Markets and the year it will give you an idea. From a quick look the 23rd may be okay for some but not all. Sorry archivist here - research - research and you’ve guessed it research again. 

In 2024 Sunday of the Dead is on 24th November. You will find markets mostly closed (Sunday trading laws) but the rule is not a complete one, a few exceptions exist. Some markets open just before that day, others on the following Monday (or a bit later if they are small). All in all that should give you most markets, but you can see that leaving just two days later would be better.

notamermaid