Something more fun - what's your favourite drink order?

Dreamscaper

8 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

I don’t see anything!  What am I missing?

Oops. The image showed when I was posting. I'll stick it here again:

Macallan Oscuro.JPG

Oscuro.JPG.f07c136f68277a75adefb42f7151a4aa.JPG

Edited by Thrak

28 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Oops. The image showed when I was posting. I'll stick it here again:

Macallan Oscuro.JPG

Oscuro.JPG.f07c136f68277a75adefb42f7151a4aa.JPG

Yes,  DH would enjoy that!  Wow, the price, though…….$220.00 Canadian.  Sorry.  no.  He can look at this lovely photo instead…..thank you. 

6 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

Yes,  DH would enjoy that!  Wow, the price, though…….$220.00 Canadian.  Sorry.  no.  He can look at this lovely photo instead…..thank you. 

A bartender at Good Spirits brought it out from the back to show me what they had just gotten in stock. She said she told the manager that $165 per bottle was a lot and was shocked when he told her that was the per drink price. Later it showed up in the app at that price (as shown above). The app just has a generic "drink" picture so I grabbed a shot of the bottle off the Internet and posted that as well. I would love to try it out but, like you, the price is way too much for me.

• Thanks 1

On a sea day on my recent NCL cruise, they offered a Macallan Tasting for only $20.  Decent instructor, and my introduction to Lumina, Quest, and Enigma - the last of which I absolutely fell in love with. But they did not have it offered at any bar, at any price. 

I need to find Enigma stateside, but the prices seem to vary by 50% up to $1000/bottle, so I haven’t pulled the trigger. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CaptainPedantic said:

Frozen jalapeno margarita is my new favourite after our last cruise, but also love dirty banana, Hawaiian tropics, frozen mai tai...

I'll have to go crazy and try the jalapeno margarita on our cruise this December!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, charliedalrymple said:

I'm a sucker for the frozen margaritas, which they prepare so they tower above the top of the glass.  (I know, it's a little boring, but that's how I roll.)

We were cruising last week and I found the frozen Margarita on day 3, I had at least 2 a day after that, they are so good. I must check to see if I have any pics.

1 hour ago, Cruise-mom said:

We were cruising last week and I found the frozen Margarita on day 3, I had at least 2 a day after that, they are so good. I must check to see if I have any pics.

Yes--two a day is my typical cruise routine!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Crystaltipps67 said:

I am so glad I discovered the Atomic Pomm in Take Five on Sky Princess early on in our recent cruise. It's a keeper for me - green chilli vodka, pomegranate juice and lime. Delicious!! 

I have to try that. We will be cruising on a ship with Take 5 for the first time in October, and am interested in any other suggestions of their specialty cocktails.

In return, I am going to add my suggestions:

DH is very fond of the 24K (rocks, no salt), Chairman of the Board, and Pirat and Gulden Draak Belgian beers.

My favorites are an afternoon Aperol Spritz accompanying a good book in Crooners, Chocolate Mint Martini after dinner (not creamy), Espresso martini, and my secret menu addition - the Crouching Tiger Martini (vodka, lychee liquor, raspberry purée).  

Us wine drinkers need to keep filling out the surveys to get rid of the “generic” wine offerings.

On 7/1/2023 at 11:26 PM, Dreamscaper said:

What are your must-order drinks aboard Princess?  I want to make some wise informed choices within my 15 limit :classic_laugh:

Is there anything off menu you'd recommend that they know how to make?

We have Princess Plus, but if there's something really special I'm not above paying the overage for something great 🙂

My new favorite is an espresso martini 

An off-menu drink I like to call the "Peachy Chi Chi" - it's basically a pina colada but instead of using rum, ask for it with the Grey Goose White Peach vodka (most bars should have this as a premium vodka.) Absolutely delicious and refreshing.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2023 at 11:51 PM, charliedalrymple said:

I'm a sucker for the frozen margaritas, which they prepare so they tower above the top of the glass.  (I know, it's a little boring, but that's how I roll.)

We never get the frozen margaritas as they are just a bunch of ice. I know many seem to love them but...

• Like 1