Celebrity Shuttle to Airport/Sofitel

Rick&Jeannie

Has anybody taken advantage of the Celebrity airport transfer just to get to the Sofitel Hotel?  Is this feasible?  We are booked at the Sofitel for an early AM flight the next day...just need to get there.  As I understand it, the Sofitel is literally across the street from the airport.  Or...should we consider some other form of transportation?  We lean very heavily towards cruise line transfers just for the convenience factor...plus having that cost already covered before we even leave home.  Taxis just make me nervous.  I know, a bit irrational but it seems like we're always hearing bad stories (mainly here on CC!) about getting scammed or ripped off with a taxi involved.  Plus the need for even more local currency to cover the fare.

9 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Has anybody taken advantage of the Celebrity airport transfer just to get to the Sofitel Hotel?  Is this feasible?  We are booked at the Sofitel for an early AM flight the next day...just need to get there.  As I understand it, the Sofitel is literally across the street from the airport.  Or...should we consider some other form of transportation?  We lean very heavily towards cruise line transfers just for the convenience factor...plus having that cost already covered before we even leave home.  Taxis just make me nervous.  I know, a bit irrational but it seems like we're always hearing bad stories (mainly here on CC!) about getting scammed or ripped off with a taxi involved.  Plus the need for even more local currency to cover the fare.

You may want to give us a Hint of your destination?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BettyCruiser said:

Sound like something I'd do. I've used cruise transfers to get to the Hilton Garden Inn at Heathrow where we stayed prior to an early flight the following morning.

IS the Sofitel a hotel attached to the airport? 

It *appears* to be the ONLY hotel near the airport...

In descriptions it says it's a 14 minute walk from the hotel to the airport, so should be easy.

I was researching an Athens cruise and figured I'd would take the Acropolis tour that drops at the airport and then find my way there and fly out the following morning. 

25 minutes ago, BettyCruiser said:

In descriptions it says it's a 14 minute walk from the hotel to the airport, so should be easy.

Interesting...I've not looked at the Sofitel website, but Google Maps says it is a 2 minute walk!  I guess I need to drill down a bit here!

Guest ldtr

I have stayed at the Sofitel. It is right across the street (air port driveway) from the terminal entrance. If the bus drops you off at the terminal entrance you could be in the hotel in about 2 to 3 minutes.  Very convenient.

We did take a taxi from the cruise port.  To the airport 

1 hour ago, ElmaLee said:

Sofitel is IN Athens airport.  Easy walk to terminal building.  I think it would take longer to drive!

Yes, you are correct.  I wrote that the hotel was across the street from the airport but what I meant is that is across the street from the terminal.