UK phone number for a Sunday call

uktog

I was hoping to do some business with Azamara today, Sunday being the only day of the week at present I can do it. I have called the number on the website to be told they only work Monday to Friday. Does anybody have a number regarding looking after an existing booking/maybe a new one that operates on a Sunday or is this just something I have to let go

• Haha 1

Thanks. I tried that no got cut off and as I’m not on Wi-Fi calling it’s too expensive to sit in a queue and I suspect they can’t access sales info anyway. 
Sad, Azamara used to be a 7 day operation but sign of the times I presume 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, uktog said:

Thanks. I tried that no got cut off and as I’m not on Wi-Fi calling it’s too expensive to sit in a queue and I suspect they can’t access sales info anyway. 

They’re not really out of step with other small cruise lines, and we do have to remember that’s what Azamara is now. Had a quick look around and it looks pretty mixed with mainly the largest operators having a Sunday phone service.

Those that do include Royal Caribbean/Celebrity, MSC, Princess & Viking. While Oceania, Explora, Saga & P&O (U.K.)/ Cunard don’t.

This only reflects the U.K. market it might be different in other markets.

Thanks, my frustration is I do have time today and then not until after the 10th - I also had time during last week but on that call, the agent gave completely wrong information.  Had I had the right information then I wouldn't be needing todays call! - Perhaps if they had competent staff taking the calls Monday - Saturday I could live with the position today.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, uktog said:

Thanks, my frustration is I do have time today and then not until after the 10th - I also had time during last week but on that call, the agent gave completely wrong information.  Had I had the right information then I wouldn't be needing todays call! - Perhaps if they had competent staff taking the calls Monday - Saturday I could live with the position today.

That is certainly frustrating.

My memory may well be failing, but I  seem to remember that even before leaving Royal Caribbean the Azamara offices in North America were only open Saturday mornings for weekend services.

So I wouldn’t expect you will receive the needed attention from Azamara offices on this side of the Atlantic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uktog said:

Just a warning that WiFi calling only replaces the cell-tower link between you and the phone network, so that you can still from where there is poor/no mobile coverage.  You're still charged as normal for the call you make.

If calling an expensive overseas number, use Skype to call from Skype to the distant number.  Their rates are tiny compared to most mobile or landline providers. (https://www.skype.com/en/features/call-phones-and-mobiles/)

• Like 1

They now have an additional office in Hertfordshire phoned 3 times this week longest wait was 2mins. Emilly who I spoke to today was very friendly and helpful. They are obviously still learning but have all managed to find things out and all been friendly. They booked 2 cruises for me using the latest offer. Hopefully it is a very good sign they have turned the corner and hopefully the pre-cruise product will match the final product we have always enjoyed immensely.

• Like 4

Apparently having chatted with them, there is about 20 of them so he will be very busy taking the crusts off the cucumber sandwiches. On the serious side I don't know if this is only temporary until everything is sorted but it is a bonus at the moment.

• Haha 3

53 minutes ago, The Salties said:

Apparently having chatted with them, there is about 20 of them so he will be very busy taking the crusts off the cucumber sandwiches. On the serious side I don't know if this is only temporary until everything is sorted but it is a bonus at the moment.

Certainly is phoned this morning and other than the now briefer recorded messages the phone was answered instantly. I spoke to Lily who took ownership of the issue, I received an update from Wichita within 2 hours and also received an email from Lily this afternoon confirming what was happening with the issue. 
Hopefully this call centre is permanent although once the transition issues are a distant memory 🤞 not sure there’s enough work from the U.K. market for 20 people.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1