Stateroom still "to be confirmed" (TBC)?

Hello,

I will be boarding QM2 on July 14th for a Southampton to NYC crossing. When I check-in online and download my boarding pass, there is still no stateroom number ALLOCATED to my ticket and it says instead: TBC. I believe this means "To be confirmed"? 

We are now 12 days away from departure and I still have no stateroom number? I am getting a little bit worried. It's my 11th crossing and I have not encountered this kind of situation before. Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Should I check a gain in a few days and hope to have a stateroom number allocated?

Thank you all

6 minutes ago, EuropeanAmericanTraveler said:

Hello,

I will be boarding QM2 on July 14th for a Southampton to NYC crossing. When I check-in online and download my boarding pass, there is still no stateroom number ALLOCATED to my ticket and it says instead: TBC. I believe this means "To be confirmed"? 

We are now 12 days away from departure and I still have no stateroom number? I am getting a little bit worried. It's my 11th crossing and I have not encountered this kind of situation before. Has anyone been in a similar situation before? Should I check a gain in a few days and hope to have a stateroom number allocated?

Thank you all

BIL had the identical angst.  However, they were pleased with the resulting upgrade.  Not saying there is an upgrade in the pipeline, but one never knows….  Know of a couple who received their stateroom 7 days prior to boarding, again with an upgrade.  No need to panic “yet”.  If really concerned then give Cunard a call.

23 minutes ago, EuropeanAmericanTraveler said:

Hello,

Thank you all

Why on earth are you worried , you are already guaranteed a stateroom on your crossing ( part of the particular booking you opted for )  I and many other customers have been known not to have been allocated a stateroom until one has arrived at the Check-in desk.

Stop worrying , worry more over how many Jackets you are going to pack 😅  

Edited to add:  If you have no stateroom allocation on the day of your journey down to the cruise terminal, Attach luggage labels with your Name and Voyage Number 'clearly printed' -   Drop your luggage off to the porters in the usual way - your luggage will find it's way to your allocated stateroom, no problem .       

Edited by Bell Boy
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

BIL had the identical angst.  However, they were pleased with the resulting upgrade.  Not saying there is an upgrade in the pipeline, but one never knows….  Know of a couple who received their stateroom 7 days prior to boarding, again with an upgrade.  No need to panic “yet”.  If really concerned then give Cunard a call.

Thank you for your reply, it would be nice to have an upgrade!

25 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Why on earth are you worried , you are already guaranteed a stateroom on your crossing ( part of the particular booking you opted for )  I and many other customers have been known not to have been allocated a stateroom until one has arrived at the Check-in desk.

Stop worrying , worry more over how many Jackets you are going to pack 😅  

Edited to add:  If you have no stateroom allocation on the day of your journey down to the cruise terminal, Attach luggage labels with your Name and Voyage Number 'clearly printed' -   Drop your luggage off to the porters in the usual way - your luggage will find it's way to your allocated stateroom, no problem .       

Thank you for your reply, I won't worry then :) It's not my first transaltlatic cruise on QM2 and I am confident everything will be fine.

• Like 1

We were in a similar situation a number of years ago. We got an upgrade at check-in. For some reason the people already in that cabin hadn’t been informed of their upgrade, and didn’t want it. So not only did we get our upgrade, we got theirs as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1