Extend your stay

killarneylady

I just noticed an offer in excursions for our cruise in August ending in Ravenna. Offer to stay onboard until 1pm when you will be transferred to Venice airport. Price €98. Still need to be out of your cabin by 8.30am  but might suit some people rather than sitting in the airport if you had a late flight. Transfers on their own about €50 so price doesn’t seem so bad. Our flight is at 5.20pm so I’m considering it although might be a bit tight. I wasn’t sure whether this ‘stay on board’ option was still being done. 

IMG_8389.jpegIMG_8390.thumb.jpeg.1143e2e66188814e1034323e7bed8367.jpeg

Edited by killarneylady

42 minutes ago, jwlane said:

Given your flight time, is it worth it?

I think you’re right but it might be an option for later evening passengers. On our Florida cruises we always noticed that here were excursions which left you at the airport at the end but with our cruise the only one like this is Padua one which we’re not interested in. And very pricey! 

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Proofreading  is non existent at Celebrity.

The standard "Mild" shore excursion verbiage. Try to cover all their bases.

Edited by jwlane

2 hours ago, jelayne said:

Got love how the verbiage doesn’t  match the program.

I have yet to find cobblestone walkways on a ship.  Proofreading  is non existent at Celebrity.

That's just Celebrity's definition of a "mild" excursion.  You will note it is an "or" statement.

52 minutes ago, jelayne said:

I know that, but it would be nice to have verbiage that relates to the excursion.

If Celebrity did that they would probably have to get the Legal/Liability dept. involved and the disclaimer would take up 3 pages?

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the new flyer published for the Extend Your Stay program which includes an FAQ section.  The program is available only for Civitavecchia, Barcelona, Ravenna, and Piraeus.  FAQ #25 indicates you have to temporarily surrender your passport and SeaPass card until you are ready to disembark.

image.thumb.png.0fd6f3f4e7c92c3793e0c2c0921b4312.png

Edited by mahdnc

On 7/2/2023 at 3:58 PM, killarneylady said:

I just noticed an offer in excursions for our cruise in August ending in Ravenna. Offer to stay onboard until 1pm when you will be transferred to Venice airport. Price €98. Still need to be out of your cabin by 8.30am  but might suit some people rather than sitting in the airport if you had a late flight. Transfers on their own about €50 so price doesn’t seem so bad. Our flight is at 5.20pm so I’m considering it although might be a bit tight. I wasn’t sure whether this ‘stay on board’ option was still being done. 

IMG_8389.jpegIMG_8390.thumb.jpeg.1143e2e66188814e1034323e7bed8367.jpeg

It is 2 hrs plus from Ravenna to Venice Airport. that would get you to the AP after 3pm,that leaves only 2hrs to check in , go through security. and thats if everything runs on time and there are no hiccups. I have been at Venice AP in November and it was a zoo and this was pre covid. Long lines for security checks, check in etc.and your trip is in the middle of summer when its even busier.

My opinion  not worth it.

21 hours ago, skippyhop said:

It's available on my next Southampton cruise with the airport transfer being Heathrow. Think it's only just appeared on the excursion list as I hadn't spotted it before today.

Price - or should I say discount - can vary. It was 10% when I first first checked but now down to 8%. 

• 3 months later...
On 7/15/2023 at 1:06 AM, mahdnc said:

Here is the new flyer published for the Extend Your Stay program which includes an FAQ section.  The program is available only for Civitavecchia, Barcelona, Ravenna, and Piraeus.  FAQ #25 indicates you have to temporarily surrender your passport and SeaPass card until you are ready to disembark.

Thanks, this is very helpful. Especially as the wording in the excusions section of the website is a little bit confusion. 

I just wonder how long we could stay on the ship. "Extend Your Stay lets you enjoy more vacation time on board, right up to approximately 90 minutes before the ship sails for its next cruise" does not help as there is no next cruise and the ships goes to the dock.