Transportation from Barcelona Airport to hotel...

I know this has been asked and answered multiple times, but search is not working for me today!

Can someone please tell me the procedure to getting a taxi from the airport to our hotel in Barcelona?  OR, Is it safer to have a private driver pick us up at the airport?

I'd love to hear personal experiences.  Thank you! 

Easy go to taxi stand right outside terminal and ask dispatcher as depending where hotel is flat rate around 30 euros. Cabbie tend to be relatively honest as the Barcelona authorities make the NYC taxi commission look like choir boys if they get caught cheating a tourist at airport 

5 minutes ago, tony s said:

Easy go to taxi stand right outside terminal and ask dispatcher as depending where hotel is flat rate around 30 euros. Cabbie tend to be relatively honest as the Barcelona authorities make the NYC taxi commission look like choir boys if they get caught cheating a tourist at airport 

To clarify for no Ny’ers. Cabbies call the taxi commission a kangaroo court as any complaint is up to the cabbie to prove their innocence and most complaints result in a hefty fine and loss or suspension of license 

Agree.  Just walk outside to the taxi stand.  Taxis can be used for more than airport to hotel route.  They are reasonable to use all over town and there are taxi stands in all the tourist areas.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2023 at 8:21 PM, tony s said:

Credit card friendly or should we be prepared with Euros?  (As in trying to figure out how if/how much we might need in euros before arriving in Barcelona.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Shalandara said:

Credit card friendly or should we be prepared with Euros?  (As in trying to figure out how if/how much we might need in euros before arriving in Barcelona.  Thanks!

Credit card friendly. Mainly Visa or Mastercard not so much Discover or Amex 

• Thanks 1

On 7/15/2023 at 1:22 AM, tony s said:

Credit card friendly. Mainly Visa or Mastercard not so much Discover or Amex 

I know this is true, but i still always ask if I know the card is my only form of payment.  I always think ‘what if the machine is not working today’.  It has never been the case though!