FOR ANYONE ON THE INITIAL CRYSTAL SAILING - JULY 31ST

Fieldofdreams

For anyone on the initial sailing if you would please post your opinions, good and bad of the New Crystal, that would be greatly appreciated for those of us who are trying to decide to give Crystal another try.

Thanks so much

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fieldofdreams said:

I only see cabins on a waitlist

Two categories show you can request a quote and the resit show wait listed.  But go back later and this could change.

Then again we don't know how many of those where it say request a quote are available for booking.

Keith

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fieldofdreams said:

I only see cabins on a waitlist

The Crystal website may not reflect cabins held by agencies. Or Crystal may be holding back some inventory for contractors. Or some rooms may not be completely updated. No telling. According to our TA, there are rooms available in all categories for the July 31 sailing, except the designated single rooms and the Junior & Crystal penthouses.

Rob

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

There's plenty of choice for us all in the cruise industry.

You will always find something.

Yes, but some of us really loved Crystal and are looking forward to cruising with them again. Sure, there are always other cruise lines, but some of us had our best cruise experiences on Crystal and are eager to experience that again. I totally understand Mr. Bluebird's impatience...I'm feeling it too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tnm6217 said:

Please post the beverage list, Crystal! This girl needs to know what kind of bubbles to expect in November!

Yes there will be much that will be shared by those of us on the initial sailings and as more people from CC return those who like top post can continue to share details.

Back to the categories that are booked. There is no telling what is booked and what is not.  What I do know from my own experience is that if it say waitlisted it means waitlisted. This means that rooms are taken whether they are taking by paying guests, enrichment personnel, Crystal personnel, contractors (doubtful as there would be crew rooms, but anything is possible) held back just in case there are issues with other rooms, etc. 

As to rooms that you can get a quote this means you can either select whatever room(s) are available or that it is a guarantee.  You won't know until you inquire. I experienced this on one of our bookings as we were interested in one of two categories on a completely different voyage and on one of them had only a guarantee and for us that is a non-starter but thankfully on the other one a few of our desired rooms were still available so we went with the latter.

The other thing we all know is that things change. Less so now as there are penalties for cancellation but months ago when this was first announced it was sold out but then people cancelled. That could have been because agencies booked rooms hoping that clients would be interested or even some guests booking and changing their minds. I have seen this happen many times such as on Northwest Passage (first one) and World Cruise 2015. Both had strong interest and at one time both sold out but that changed overtime.

Keith

21 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Yes there will be much that will be shared by those of us on the initial sailings and as more people from CC return those who like top post can continue to share details.

Back to the categories that are booked. There is no telling what is booked and what is not.  What I do know from my own experience is that if it say waitlisted it means waitlisted. This means that rooms are taken whether they are taking by paying guests, enrichment personnel, Crystal personnel, contractors (doubtful as there would be crew rooms, but anything is possible) held back just in case there are issues with other rooms, etc. 

As to rooms that you can get a quote this means you can either select whatever room(s) are available or that it is a guarantee.  You won't know until you inquire. I experienced this on one of our bookings as we were interested in one of two categories on a completely different voyage and on one of them had only a guarantee and for us that is a non-starter but thankfully on the other one a few of our desired rooms were still available so we went with the latter.

The other thing we all know is that things change. Less so now as there are penalties for cancellation but months ago when this was first announced it was sold out but then people cancelled. That could have been because agencies booked rooms hoping that clients would be interested or even some guests booking and changing their minds. I have seen this happen many times such as on Northwest Passage (first one) and World Cruise 2015. Both had strong interest and at one time both sold out but that changed overtime.

Keith

Keith

Thanks for this info

• Like 1

I am holding an Aquamarine Veranda Suite for next September. It was impossible to see photos before booking. I’m on the ninth floor so I hope it’s the renovation ( no bathtub which we don’t use). The first stateroom we picked was 30% blocked view. Impossible to see this without some one volunteering the info. Going on Crystal is like a secret double Handshake club. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

I am holding an Aquamarine Veranda Suite for next September. It was impossible to see photos before booking. I’m on the ninth floor so I hope it’s the renovation ( no bathtub which we don’t use). The first stateroom we picked was 30% blocked view. Impossible to see this without some one volunteering the info. Going on Crystal is like a secret double Handshake club. 

Are you on Symphony? All of the deck 9 Aquamarine Veranda Suites on Symphony are the Seabreeze Veranda Suites from 2017 and they have large showers, no tubs.

Patty

• Like 1

On 7/6/2023 at 6:49 AM, Treasure Hunter said:

We are currently on the Viking Mississippi ( very unhappy as two out of three meals are buffet and people are getting sick) . However today we are in Iowa and the excursion is to Field of Dreams!

Wow, I'm sorry to hear that the meals are not good. And people getting sick! No bueno. Hope you stay well!

On 7/6/2023 at 8:49 AM, Treasure Hunter said:

We are currently on the Viking Mississippi ( very unhappy as two out of three meals are buffet and people are getting sick) . However today we are in Iowa and the excursion is to Field of Dreams!

Mmmm, have a blast! I wonder how high the corn is right now.