Edge right now

Nemanoxer

Hi fellow cruisers.

Edge cruising is only a few weeks away, so I was wondering how she is doing these days.

How do current / recent guests rate their cruise impressions? Food, service, which production shows are running, what other artists happen?

Will go on the 26th August, not too many sleepless nights left.

• Like 2

I was on the Edge one month ago and had a great cruise overall. I admit I'm probably easy to please, as I'm not a foodie, but I really enjoyed the vast majority of the MDR and buffet meals I had. The staff and service were great. The ship is beautiful. There was an amazing singer on called Charity Lockhart, who was the highlight of the entertainment for me, but I don't know how long she'll be on board for. The other shows were pretty good too. And the Liars Club with Captain Tasos was very entertaining.

Hope you have an amazing time too!

• Like 3

Crumble,

Boarding the Edge on the 22nd this month. What’s the Liars Club?

How crowded was the pool during sea days? How early did you have to arrive to get good seats at the show?  Which was your favorite dining venue? 

59 minutes ago, Nemanoxer said:

At what time were the productions shows @Crumbled ?

Do you remember?

Sure, 730pm and 9pm.

You can actually look at any sailing on the app, in case you'd like to do that like jwlane suggests. If you click on your profile page, you should see your sailing listed but under that you can click on select a different sailing and  see what's showing on any sailing you wish. The current sailing might not be fully the same as yours but gives you an idea.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jromeroslc said:

Crumble,

How crowded was the pool during sea days? How early did you have to arrive to get good seats at the show?  Which was your favorite dining venue? 

The Liars Club was a comedy show I think they do on every sailing. We had the Cruise Director Tim, a comedian who was on board (name escapes me) and Captain Tasos. They each give a definition for an obscure word but only one is telling the truth. It was a riot! Not kid friendly and was on just one night at about 10 or 1030pm in the theatre.

I didn't hang out at the pool, sorry! I got a good seat easily in the solarium though.

I usually got to the theatre about 10min early. I was travelling solo though so easier for me to get a seat I liked perhaps. Some shows were certainly busier than others. The Charity Lockhart ones were packed, for example.

I didn't eat at any specialty restaurants. I went to Cosmopolitan nearly every night because I liked the decor best and the waiter and assistant waiter I had there were just lovely, and again as a solo I liked that bit of familiarity. 

• Like 1

I can't reserve Eden for the 8/19 sailing on Edge. Captain's Club couldn't even help me. Actually said I had to reserve on board but giggled when I asked about it possibly of it being closed during sailing. What gives?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 9:44 AM, Nemanoxer said:

Will go on the 26th August, not too many sleepless nights left.

Hi, @Nemanoxer--I don't want to hijack your thread but do you know if many shore excursions are still available on the 8/26 cruise?  We're about to pull the trigger to book either 8/19 or 8/26 (very last minute) but are afraid all the excursions are booked. Both the TA and X say they cannot tell me of availability without a booking number--very frustrating.  No worries if you can't, but if you have 5mins for a general check of availability I'd greatly appreciate!  

@Tricia28--hi, I've asked you the same on your Eden thread.  But given each of you is on the 2 itineraries we're considering I'm hoping to cover all my bases!  Thanks in advance (even if you two can't help)!

On 7/5/2023 at 6:30 PM, Tricia28 said:

I can't reserve Eden for the 8/19 sailing on Edge. Captain's Club couldn't even help me. Actually said I had to reserve on board but giggled when I asked about it possibly of it being closed during sailing. What gives?

Eden is usually the first specialty restaurant to book and sell out pre cruise, which maybe why you can't reserve it for your cruise next month.

Shore Excursions for handicapped people are quite full on 26th Aug @Whinenowine  . And 2 or 3 others are sold out. But a lot of excursions are still available.

Cannot say anything about specialty restaurants because X's pricing for them are nuts in my opinion.

18 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

Shore Excursions for handicapped people are quite full on 26th Aug @Whinenowine  . And 2 or 3 others are sold out. But a lot of excursions are still available.

Cannot say anything about specialty restaurants because X's pricing for them are nuts in my opinion.

Danke!

On 7/14/2023 at 11:48 AM, terrydtx said:

Eden is usually the first specialty restaurant to book and sell out pre cruise, which maybe why you can't reserve it for your cruise next month.

Yeah, I just made reservations for Eden for my March 2024 cruise, I didn't want to take any chances 😬 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2023 at 11:19 AM, Crumbled said:

The Liars Club was a comedy show I think they do on every sailing. We had the Cruise Director Tim, a comedian who was on board (name escapes me) and Captain Tasos. They each give a definition for an obscure word but only one is telling the truth. It was a riot! Not kid friendly and was on just one night at about 10 or 1030pm in the theatre.

An absolute riot!  And Captain Tasos begins every definition with "Is a Greek word..."

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 11:05 AM, jromeroslc said:

Crumble,

Eden is AMAZING