How far in advance of cruise date can you view excursions

Vineyard View

We booked an itinerary starting 5/18/24. I just went into our profile. It shows the SM excursion credit amount, however when I try to view what excursions are available, it states that “due to excursions restrictions, you cannot shop at this time”. Is this standard until “x” amount of days prior?  Also, when would we be able to view what the offered excursions will be? We would really like to know what are the higher level excursions are that will be offered with this SM credit as we typically do not participate in ship excursions. From what I am told, there are small group excursions available for this credit, so we would be interested in those. Thank you 

Since  the website  & Oceania  is major flux  at the moment  I might just give them  a couple of weeks

I notice the excursions are there  but  maybe not  available to book yet

Make  a list of those you would like to do then when available you  can  jump on them

Just  check back  but not  on a weekend 😉

Maybe others have  a better way 

• Like 1

That is actually what I was trying to view - what is available. I cannot view any shore excursions let alone book them. It states that they are available 365 days prior, but maybe I am just not looking in the correct area. That said, under shore excursions, it doesn’t show a thing so IDK. But thank you for your response. 

Edited by Vineyard View

1 minute ago, Vineyard View said:

You are awesome. Thank you LHT. I would have thought that  I could view these under my booking. I didn’t look under the general website. I appreciate this very much! 

well at least you can see what is available  so far

Ask your TA for the PDF  version   they can email you the copy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vineyard View said:

You are awesome. Thank you LHT. I would have thought that  I could view these under my booking. I didn’t look under the general website. I appreciate this very much! 

You should also ask your TA (or O rep) for the current shorex description pdf (sometimes it has more than you can see on the website and in your account); it will be similar to what you see on the website, but will also have times and (here's the important part) it will have description of discounts available (e.g., YWC) and things like cancellation/refund terms that I have not found detailed elsewhere ("PRE-PURCHASED SHORE EXCURSIONS & ONBOARD EXPERIENCES" pdf). 

The most error free way to book is to call O; after booking ask for the shorex pdfs...one will be brief and just show that your shorex bookings are confirmed, while the important one has line items showing each shorex along with discounts and actual price paid (advice stolen from one of our expert posters FlatbushFlyer). I know FF gets a sad face when I say this...I use the online shopping cart to choose my shorex, I log off (so an O rep can see my cart), then I call to book; since the O rep can see my cart and miscommunication is minimized.

Edited by AMHuntFerry

When can you actually purchase shore excursions? Is it 120 days prior? I’ve never purchased too far in advance before, but with SM I’m thinking perhaps best not to wait too long as they will be selling more. 

Edited by EJL2023

11 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

When can you actually purchase shore excursions? Is it 120 days prior? I’ve never purchased too far in advance before, but with SM I’m thinking perhaps best not to wait too long as they will be selling more. 

I have used my pdf to select the excursions and then called O to place my order at 360 days before sailing.  I am confident that 365 would work, too.

2 hours ago, tigerfan75 said:

I have used my pdf to select the excursions and then called O to place my order at 360 days before sailing.  I am confident that 365 would work, too.

Thanks, did not realize. Was always confused as in your booking online it refers to the 365 days but on the PDF it says can be purchased 120 days out and an extra 60 days out if in my case in a concierge level.  

We have purchased  excursions   (when we have done them)  9 mths out if available  we have been in  B & C cabins

if you wait too long   you will be  SOL

This is all great further  information. We don’t participate in shore excursions, unless it is a port that for where we want to go we cannot find a private. With $1,000 SM credit, we would like to find smaller group offerings and are actually thinking that might be fun. Thanks for all this input. I will email my TA. 

Edited by Vineyard View

1 hour ago, MSEm said:

Can you book excursions before making final cruise payment?

Yes, because you pay for the excursions at time of booking them.  They do not add them to your bill.

9 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

I’ve never purchased too far in advance before, but with SM I’m thinking perhaps best not to wait too long as they will be selling more. 

Your thinking is spot on. You can make your reservations now and change them later if you change your mind and the new shorex is available (need to call O to do this). If a shorex only has waitlisting, you can sign up for your second choice and waitlist your first (also need to call to do this).

5 hours ago, JRIH said:

Yes, because you pay for the excursions at time of booking them.  They do not add them to your bill.

But in a way, that has changed somewhat with SM. With everyone having a credit, it would seem wise to jump on that earlier than later. That could change how the game is played by many