Shore excursions price increase

jshli

My cruise to the Mediterranean is not until next April and I have been looking at Celebrity shore excursions which are ultra expensive to begin with, and noticed today the discounts for booking early have been reduced from 15% to 5%.  In my opinion, it certainly not worth it.  I have always booked with Celebrity because it was easy, but I feel it is now time to look seriously at private excursions. What next?

• Like 1

Tour discounts and prices vary from time to time, sometimes, if there is a sale they drop quite a bit, and if you notice it is cheaper than what you already have booked, you can cancel and rebook (we did this with both excursions and dining package a couple of weeks ago for our cruise) Just keep an eye on it maybe, or as you say explore private tours - check your roll call for offers of these, or use Viator.   

• Like 1

Prices of excursions often fluctuate.  We booked one about 8 months ago then a flash sale dropped the price $60 pp so we cancelled and rebooked ,  Then the priced increased by $ 50 pp.  another  sale and priced dropped $12 pp.

If it is your you want book it and watch for price drops.

There was a big Memorial Day sale, perhaps there will be a Labor Day sale. One note on the rebooking, they can’t just refund you the difference. I was told you have to buy the excursion again at the new price and the refund will be processed on the cancellation in like 7-10 business days. Also this won’t work for sold out excursions. So something to keep in mind.

7 minutes ago, tigervixxxen said:

There was a big Memorial Day sale, perhaps there will be a Labor Day sale. One note on the rebooking, they can’t just refund you the difference. I was told you have to buy the excursion again at the new price and the refund will be processed on the cancellation in like 7-10 business days. Also this won’t work for sold out excursions. So something to keep in mind.

Right. BUT if you bought it using OBC, that credit goes right back for use, so you can turn right around and use it to repurchase the excursion. (still doesn't help if it is sold out, but honestly if I REALLY want an excursion, I'm going to book it as soon as I see it rather than risk it selling out while I wait for a sale)

• Thanks 3