Do PCC get paid per cruises booked?

JustSWIM208

These responses seem to be all over the place, so I'll throw mine out there:

We got cold-called about 2 weeks ago by a PCC after re-pricing a cruise with a CSS.  I guess she saw caught our history and future cruises, and that we didn't have a PCC.  She's 6-years with NCL; very helpful, knowledgeable, and informative.

Since she called, I asked if she could apply a FCC we just received for the Spirit cancellations. She had no problem with it, took care of it, no problem.

I asked whether she's getting credit for helping me with future cruises booked through the website, and she said I was now hers forever (or as long as she's with NCL, I suppose) and anything I do, whether on the website or through her, will be hers.

Take that as you will.

7 hours ago, omahabob said:

I've had PCCs who were more than happy to help me with a cruise I booked myself. One I would definitely use again if I'd been smart enough to get her name/extension.

She/he is a cruise consultant not a personal cruise consultant, if she/he was a pcc assigned to you all her details including telephone number and email address would be on all the marketing emails you receive. A general consultant who is not assigned will always help with trips you booked yourself, that is their job.

As with my PCC here, on my most recent marketing email, personal detail masked to comply with site rules.

image.jpeg.73057f2535bfd34566b977b70304b4e7.jpeg

Edited by ziggyuk

Direct response to the OP’s question.  

Two different NCL PCCs who have handled/processed my bookings said that they received commission from the bookings I made through them. For clarity, my bookings are made via NCL Asia market operating out of Sydney Australia.

20 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

I asked similar but on the ship as I was concerned my PCC would not assist me with a booking made on the ship, I was assured it would be moved to him and he would help me with it.

The cruise booked aboard the ship can be transferred to any travel agent. Our TA only asks us to notify her of the booking number just in case they forget on the ship, she gets her commission and we get any additional perks from her office.

11 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

The cruise booked aboard the ship can be transferred to any travel agent. Our TA only asks us to notify her of the booking number just in case they forget on the ship, she gets her commission and we get any additional perks from her office.

The same for a PCC. After I book a cruise while on a cruise, I call my PCC and let him know to take over that cruise. He can then do anything I need for that cruise.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

She/he is a cruise consultant not a personal cruise consultant, if she/he was a pcc assigned to you all her details including telephone number and email address would be on all the marketing emails you receive. A general consultant who is not assigned will always help with trips you booked yourself, that is their job....

She said he was a PCC, so I'm taking her word for it. But thanks.