Princess Vacation Protection - air coverage?

phabric

58 minutes ago, phabric said:

If I book my air through Princess EzAir, the air is covered under PVP.

If I book my air direct with the airline, is the air covered under PVP?

Trip delay or Trip interruption;

Says:

Trip Interruption: Up to 150% total trip cost reimbursement for missed, prepaid cruise arrangements and/or the cost of one-way airfare if you must start your vacation late or need to come home early due to illness, injury and more.

Trip Delay: Up to $500 for any pre-cruise trip delay expenses and/or post-cruise trip delay expenses up to $1,500 (not to exceed $1,500 for both pre- and post-cruise delays) for meals, hotel and transportation.

And under Trip Delays:

Trip Delays

If you are delayed starting your trip or returning home, you may be reimbursed for expenses that were not arranged through Princess – including meals, hotel, and transportation.

• Thanks 1

I assume if I have independent air, it's not part of the total trip cost, thus the airfare is not covered if I miss the flight, but if the flight delay cause me to miss the embarkation, I can still get the airfare to catch the cruise covered under trip delay (not trip interruption)?

Here is my one  experience with Princess Insurance. I booked a short 5 day last minute cruise. Normally I would buy private insurance but my PVP automatically added Princess insurance and so I went with it. Booked my own flights. The morning of disembarkation I get a text from SW notifying me that my flight was cancelled and to go to the website and rebook my flight. No SW flights out of FLL or a nearby airport that would get us anywhere near home for a  couple days and other airlines flights were cancelled or full as well. This was early March 2022, anyone flying into or out of FLL that weekend will likely remember this! Anyway Princess Insurance (thru AON) reimbursed our hotel, food, and taxi/Uber cost even though the air was not booked via Princess EZAir. It was considered trip delay. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Thanks 2