Live EPIC Mediterannean 11-Day Cruise from Marseille, France October 2, 2023-with pics!

graphicguy

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

And…we’re docked!

IMG_1593.jpeg

IMG_1594.jpeg

IMG_1596.jpeg

IMG_1595.jpeg

What is that enormous ship in the background? Carnival? Thanks for the photos!! Very nice of you to take time out from your vacation to photograph this and post to CC. 😊

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

What is that enormous ship in the background? Carnival? Thanks for the photos!! Very nice of you to take time out from your vacation to photograph this and post to CC. 😊

It’s one of the Virgin Voyages Ships. Valiant Lady perhaps? 

Edited by HBCcruiser
  • Like 1

Good morning from NY, afternoon to you ... Epic is docked on the opposite side on the busy cruise piers by the historic Fort & Castle on the hilltop, beautiful at night when lit up.  It's a long hike to the waterfront for Tapas, what's your plan for the rest of the day ?  NCL running free ? shuttles as local taxis claimed narrow streets & traffic and won't go to that area. 

@HBCcruiser is spot on - Valiant Lady of Virgin Voyages 

Screenshot_20231005-090206.png

Edited by mking8288
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, jsn55 said:

So what are 'virtual queues'?  A line that I'm a part of but 'over there' drinking a glass of champagne instead?  Sounds good to me, I'm getting the willies about 4K pax on Epic!

I have only experienced Virtual Queue on the Prima. If you are not able to book a reservation for a show at the theater, e.g., the Donna Summer musical, you can use the app to join the Virtual Queue about an hour prior to the show, rather than physically stand in the standby line. Either way, I was always able to get into a show last minute because so many people book the shows yet fail to show up.

Though the Virtual Queue option always shows up on the app, it was not operational on any of my other cruises this year. I would be curious whether anyone else has used it on the other ships. 

Edited by Sugar Magnolia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Good morning from NY, afternoon to you ... Epic is docked on the opposite side on the busy cruise piers by the historic Fort & Castle on the hilltop, beautiful at night when lit up.  It's a long hike to the waterfront for Tapas, what's your plan for the rest of the day ?  NCL running free ? shuttles as local taxis claimed narrow streets & traffic and won't go to that area. 

I see the Costa Diadema is also there today. We sailed her in February 2016 and in fact visited Palma during that trip. I do *not* recommend a balcony cabin for the Med in February. Way too cold!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Thanks….taxi(s) into Palma and Mallorca…doing what I do best….wander!

BTW…this is the BEST Cappuccino I’ve had in my life! 

IMG_1623.jpeg

IMG_1622.jpeg

• Like 9

👍 Joining the locals for Cappuccino on those side street's hideaway cafe 👌 with Tappas at half prices vs. the tourist traps on the main avenue.  Enjoy another cup b/c nothing like what they served onboard at Starbucks.  

• Like 4

Enjoying your perspective of this trip. We are also along with you, couple floors down in a balcony cabin but having an amazing time! This may be a silly question, but I’m so curious, can you scan your haven card at the elevators

and they come right to you? Would certainly be a nice perk.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I have only experienced Virtual Queue on the Prima. If you are not able to book a reservation for a show at the theater, e.g., the Donna Summer musical, you can use the app to join the Virtual Queue about an hour prior to the show, rather than physically stand in the standby line. Either way, I was always able to get into a show last minute because so many people book the shows yet fail to show up.

Though the Virtual Queue option always shows up on the app, it was not operational on any of my other cruises this year. I would be curious whether anyone else has used it on the other ships. 

Great!  Another opportunity to exercise my ignorance.  But always so pleasing if I can actually get something like this to work.  Will report back, hopefully.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, growthruit said:

Enjoying your perspective of this trip. We are also along with you, couple floors down in a balcony cabin but having an amazing time! This may be a silly question, but I’m so curious, can you scan your haven card at the elevators

and they come right to you? Would certainly be a nice perk.

No!  I had heard that.  Not a “thing”!

(Dis)Embarking….they have someone at one of the elevators to deck 16 or 17.  But, that’s the only time I’ve seen that!  All other times, I hear “doors are opening….doors are closing” seemingly on every deck!  LOL!

Today, the Haven line to reboard was longer than the “regular” line!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mking8288 said:

👍 Joining the locals for Cappuccino on those side street's hideaway cafe 👌 with Tappas at half prices vs. the tourist traps on the main avenue.  Enjoy another cup b/c nothing like what they served onboard at Starbucks.  

Amen…you just described my afternoon in total accuracy after I returned from touring the Monastery (which is well worth the little climb up the hill)!

• Like 2

Sea Day tomorrow….Meet and Greet is tomorrow…..Nice group..,,,

-Graphicguy (1)

-biffluger (4)

-Northofu1 (2)

-Mary and Barbara (2)

-GrammieCruising (2)

-Ticatraveler (2)

-Smokelynx (2)

-Nicole (1)

-Ted and Dolly Farmer (2)

-Dumkat01 (5)