Adding Princess Pre-Cruise Hotel Night

vakamalua

If you are booked with a TA then Princess won't talk to you.  Your TA will handle both lodging and transfers.

Note that for lodging you will pay the rack rate for each passenger (double advertised hotel rate).  This does cover transfer to hotel and hotel to ship.

Many people will *likely* chime in and say that you should book yourself to save a lot of money.  While you certainly can save money, you still have to deal with transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to ship.  We book hotels via Princess very often.  We just prefer to let Princess handle all of those details!

You did not share where your cruise departs from...we might have some deeper insights as to what hotels you may wind up at.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vakamalua said:

Our cruise id booked through a travel agent.  We've decided to book one princess pre-cruise hotel night / transfer.

Q:  Can I call Princess directly or do I need to go through the travel agent?

What is the port?  You may be wasting money booking with PCL and do better yourself as PCL overcharges in many cases.

Guest ldtr

Spent a couple days pre cruise at the Westin in Vancouver. A hotel that is also used by Princess and HAL.

When we decided to leave we grabbed a taxi for $12 Canadian  at 10 am, got to the port before the big lines at security and us cbp, was on board at 11. 

Those that booked the hotel through Princess and HAL had their luggage picked up and placed in long lines outside of the hotel then had to wait until they and everyone else got loaded onto busses. A time determined by the cruise lines.

I find in more convenient as well as cheaper to make my own arrangements.

Quite a few years ago we did a transfer through Princess for a sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. They put us in Intercontinental Hotel at Miami. All transfers etc included. Problem was we had to wheel our cases to the outside of the hotel..to be put in lines for several different coach transfers. Cases needed to be outside by 10am for transfer at noon.

I had been reading Cruise Critic and noticed someone had mentioned cases being ‘picked up..aka stolen’ so waiting for almost two hours in the Miami heat  watching our cases, did nothing for our stress levels.

We now fly into Fort Lauderdale and book our own hotels…taxis (not tech savvy enough for Uber/Lyft) are easy enough. Obviously depends which port you are sailing from.