Air deviation and booking hotel directly with NCL

BarnCat1

Is there any benefit, like a package rate, to booking the hotel directly with NCL when using their air deviation. I know they provide all the transfers, for a fee.  That's at least peace of mind.  I already used them coming in on the day of the cruise and that worked out very well, but this time I would like to come in a few days earlier, just to relax a bit before sailing. 

16 minutes ago, BarnCat1 said:

Is there any benefit, like a package rate, to booking the hotel directly with NCL when using their air deviation. I know they provide all the transfers, for a fee.  That's at least peace of mind.  I already used them coming in on the day of the cruise and that worked out very well, but this time I would like to come in a few days earlier, just to relax a bit before sailing. 

I believe it usually costs more when booking hotels through NCL.

Well, one benefit is if you are using the bogo airfare you can deviate a day earlier. Without hotel the extended deviation is 2 days. I think they add a 3rd day if you select the hotel package. You'd have to look at the cost difference to determine what the value is for the additional day.

Yes the hotel is per person, but if you deviate one day, they drop the cost of transportation to the pier.  However, this cost of transport to the port and from port to airport on the return trip is, I believe, built into the per person hotel rate. We did this in Hawaii, but we booked our own flights. We took a taxi to the hotel and I’m pretty sure the driver took “ the long way”.  If I had to do it again, I would book everything through NCL just for the peace of mind.  But YMMV. 

NCL hotel rates are insane. As mentioned, it's per person, not per room. Also, if you deviate, NCL does not provide transportation. They only have it for people flying in the day of the cruise. If you deviate, it helps to find a hotel with its own airport shuttle. You also will need transportation to the pier. Some hotels provide that service too.
You can book the return transportation (ship to airport) if you are leaving the same day the cruise ends. Otherwise, transportation is on you.