Does Carnival offer room upgrade bidding?

kelbell

3 hours ago, kelbell said:

sorry to change the subject, but everyone sounds like they

have sailed Carnival sense opening.  Can you tell me what they do

about the muster stations?  We were on RC and had to go to a station

very fast and much better than before Covid.

Thanks

Carnival is doing the quick “E Muster” where you go to your designated Muster Station after you board and before sailing (the earlier the better) where they will demonstrate how to put on a life jacket. By going to your Muster station physically, you know where to go if there is an emergency. Before sailing, the captain will demonstrate to the entire ship the distress signal on the ship horn.  There is also a video you can watch in your stateroom, but Carnival doesn’t require the video to fulfill your E-Muster requirement.

• Like 1

I’ve upgraded several times on Carnival; usually (for me) I’ve seen the offers anywhere from 30 to 60 days before my cruise. I’ve seen it via both email and in my Cruise Planner. You have to be quick sometimes because they’ll send the offer to several people, so someone who sees it faster than you can get it before you can.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2023 at 5:48 PM, slavigne5577 said:

I have received and declined 3 seperate upgrade offers as of now for cruise in February 

I have also declined more than one offer for the same sailing. 

9 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Thanks!  It's interesting that one would have to look at their Cruise Manager often to even catch these offers.  I probably would not have looked at mine until I got closer to the final payment date.  Maybe I will start getting emails.

Sometimes I have gotten an email, sometimes I haven’t. Seems like it would be consistent but that hasn’t been my experience. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/12/2023 at 11:36 AM, travelingtink said:

I opened the Hub app, clicked on Manage Booking, and it’s right up top...

6634DACA-E6AF-4D9A-908F-567848FD2E86.png

Yep, that's what an offer looks like!! I think if you do nothing, it will eventually go away.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 8:20 AM, shof515 said:

this upsell in the cruise planner is one time thing only. once you decline, you will no longer get any offers

I don't think that's entirely correct. We declined an upgrade to a higher deck within the same category. About a month before the cruise, we got an offer to an Ocean Suite for the same cruise and we accepted that.

15 minutes ago, john91498 said:

I don't think that's entirely correct. We declined an upgrade to a higher deck within the same category. About a month before the cruise, we got an offer to an Ocean Suite for the same cruise and we accepted that.

I just declined for the fourth time an offer for our B2B in February 

• 3 weeks later...