Hotel in Montreal

PROCRUISE

6 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

Hotel suggestions appreciated.

It's impossible to make a recommendation without any info like budget. There are tons of hotel options in Montreal. 

My personal favorites in Montreal are the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth and the Ritz-Carlton on Sherbrooke St. They might not be what you're looking for though. Give us some more info and we can provide a better suggestion. 

Personally I like staying in downtown Montreal in and around St. Catherines street just because it's lively and for relatively easy access to the metro.  

I've enjoyed staying multiple times at the Fairmont QE for work in the past.  I found the rooms kind of small but I generally like the Fairmont brand.

I stayed at the Residence Inn by Peel station in Feb 2020 just before everything shut down.  Found it fine but nothing special.  Handy free breakfast is included.

We stayed at the Novotel Montreal Centre in 2021.  The missus quite enjoyed the modern room.  The closest metro station Lucien L'Allier is a few blocks away which I found to be kind of awkward station to navigate in and around as it's deep station and there's exits around the Bell Centre.  

We enjoyed a stay at Le Square Phillips Hotel buy it was many years ago.  Decent location though.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn by Hilton Montreal Downtown. It's located on the border with Chinatown and Old Montreal. A very very good spot either way. Has a deck pool as well. Nothing special besides the location and the pool.

1 hour ago, russandcheryl said:

Anyone stay at the hotel Bonaventure? 

Used to be the Hilton Bonaventure-- stayed there years ago. Nice enough place-- Brutalist architecture which is modern and cold. Nice outdoor pool and rooms were fine. 

Personally I would much rather stay at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth that's about half a block away which is in the same 4 star category and is much more charming. 

4 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

Used to be the Hilton Bonaventure-- stayed there years ago. Nice enough place-- Brutalist architecture which is modern and cold. Nice outdoor pool and rooms were fine. 

Personally I would much rather stay at the Fairmont Queen Elizabeth that's about half a block away which is in the same 4 star category and is much more charming. 

Thank you …

4 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

The QE  is a LOT more $$  when I check the rate for us  in Sept 

Not worth it  to  us  for 1 night at  $600+

YMMV