La Reserve question

clarku

1 hour ago, clarku said:

Wondering whether La Reserve offers vegetarian options or is it just a set menu?

thanks

I think if you let  them know in advance they will adapt the offerings  for  you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

La Reserve is a food and wine pairing event. The wines are set and rarely would the wines pair favorably with vegetarian selections. I’d recommend saving your money and dining elsewhere.

Yes, I’m aware it’s a pairing event. We have a vegetarian in our group of four and if they provide vegetarian alternatives we’d like to book.  We’ve been accommodated on other lines for similar pairing events without having to ask.  

9 minutes ago, clarku said:

Yes, I’m aware it’s a pairing event. We have a vegetarian in our group of four and if they provide vegetarian alternatives we’d like to book.  We’ve been accommodated on other lines for similar pairing events without having to ask.  

Called O?

17 minutes ago, clarku said:

We’ve been accommodated on other lines for similar pairing events without having to ask.  

I would not just turn up on the night of your reservation  & expect them to whip something up

Just let them know when you reserve the dinner

If  it is noted on your file that you are vegetarian then yes they may have an alternative  dish for you

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

I would not just turn up on the night of your reservation  & expect them to whip something up

Just let them know when you reserve the dinner

If  it is noted on your file that you are vegetarian then yes they may have an alternative  dish for you

No, I would never just show up and expect them to whip something up.  I guess I should’ve been more specific in my original question, asking whether anyone has ever had experienced vegetarian options at La Reserve. Thought I’d ask here before calling O.

29 minutes ago, clarku said:

No, I would never just show up and expect them to whip something up.  I guess I should’ve been more specific in my original question, asking whether anyone has ever had experienced vegetarian options at La Reserve. Thought I’d ask here before calling O.

They cater to gluten free /lactose shellfish  so I do not see why they would not for vegetarians

YMMV

I thumbtype slow lol - what @LHT28 said

I don't know about vegetarian. I can confirm that they can (with notice) accomodate gluten free.

In my experience the trickiest spot to get food restrictions is at wine or spirits tasting events. Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's a scramble, sometimes it just doesn't happen.

Restricted diet protocols do seem more reliable post-Covid restart. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

With notice, I’m sure that Oceania will take the OP’s money and give them a vegetarian meal. No problem.

Everyone gets the exact same wines. Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, all others get the same wines for each course. Whether all those courses for those with special dietary restrictions actually pairs with the wine is a separate issue for which I can’t comment. However, having seen some of those presented dishes, it’s highly doubtful. 

If they really want to go, then fine. Don’t complain if you find any pairings not good. Enjoy the company and the evening.

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

With notice, I’m sure that Oceania will take the OP’s money and give them a vegetarian meal. No problem.

Everyone gets the exact same wines. Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, all others get the same wines for each course. Whether all those courses for those with special dietary restrictions actually pairs with the wine is a separate issue for which I can’t comment. However, having seen some of those presented dishes, it’s highly doubtful. 

If they really want to go, then fine. Don’t complain if you find any pairings not good. Enjoy the company and the evening.

Wouldn’t go if we can’t get a firm answer, thought I’d try here first. Would never complain if we didn’t like pairings, it’s about the experience and thought it could be fun to try if vegetarian options were available.

We have friends that, with pre-notice, enjoyed their La Reserve dining shellfish and pork free.  I am sure you will have no problem with your request of vegetarian fare.  Enjoy the wonderful dining experience.

One of the couples we shared a table with at La Reserve were, I think, pescaterians (?). They ate only fish and veggies. They were served some wonderful alternatives to the courses the rest of us had. Just let La Reserve know in advance and I'm sure you'll be fine.