Has Regent eliminated the stern pool on the new Grandeur?

The brochures and deck plans all show the deck 5 stern pool replaced with jacuzzis.

That pool is very popular on Explorer and Splendor. I hope Regent did not do this

on the new Grandeur which otherwise looks pretty good.

I had been told by a GM on the Voyager that the Grandeur would NOT have an "infinity pool" on the stern due to continual maintenance problems that arose on the Explorer -  tiles that lined the interior of the pool frequently broke loose.

• Thanks 1

Right. Those one inch tiles came loose from the stern vibration. So couldn't they use larger tiles with stronger cement OR an entirely different  pool liner? Unlike Explorer and Splendor, that new ship will have just one pool for 750 passengers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

I had been told by a GM on the Voyager that the Grandeur would NOT have an "infinity pool" on the stern due to continual maintenance problems that arose on the Explorer -  tiles that lined the interior of the pool frequently broke loose.

Plus it leaked constantly....removed from Grandeur.

17 hours ago, tripperva said:

That pool is very popular on Explorer and Splendor.

Is it that popular?

IMO it makes for good photos in the brochures, but is a waste of space on most cruises

16 hours ago, tripperva said:

Unlike Explorer and Splendor, that new ship will have just one pool for 750 passengers.

I have never seen the Pool Deck pool overloaded on any of the Regent ships

9 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Too bad they couldn't put in Horizon Lounge in its stead.

Totally agree.

Hopefully they will put in some comfy chairs to mimic the area outside the back of the Horizon Lounge on Mariner & Voyager.

There is no better space than the Horizon Lounge (on both Mariner and Voyager) both insides and out.  Great place to relax; great place for dancing; great place for a pre-dinner cocktail.  Voyager set up a little better than Mariner as Chartreuse enters directly from the lounge.  The Voyager version has this additional hidden entrance that makes it a quick jaunt from my favorite cabinet.

• Like 3

We spent 10 days in the Caribbean on Splendor this year. While the loungers in that area were very popular, the infinity pool was basically unused. Occasionally someone would use it for photo opportunities, but that was about it. I trust Grandeur will make better use of that space.

Just received an Email from Regent:

"Your sailing is getting closer, and soon you will receive that long-awaited warm welcome from our phenomenal crew on board.

Making her debut in 2023, Seven Seas Grandeur has redefined superlatives as not only one of the most luxurious ships afloat, but also as the one that embodies our heritage of perfection. You will enjoy an exceptional level of service and some of the highest space and staff ratios at sea. Fully enjoy her spaciously intimate and breathlessly elegant spaces, whether you applaud a fantastic performance at the refined Constellation Theater or soak in the infinity pool just outside of Serene Spa & Wellness. That is the freedom and relaxation that comes with our Unrivaled Space at Sea .

??????

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, DeepFreeze63 said:

Just received an Email from Regent:

"Your sailing is getting closer, and soon you will receive that long-awaited warm welcome from our phenomenal crew on board.

Making her debut in 2023, Seven Seas Grandeur has redefined superlatives as not only one of the most luxurious ships afloat, but also as the one that embodies our heritage of perfection. You will enjoy an exceptional level of service and some of the highest space and staff ratios at sea. Fully enjoy her spaciously intimate and breathlessly elegant spaces, whether you applaud a fantastic performance at the refined Constellation Theater or soak in the infinity pool just outside of Serene Spa & Wellness. That is the freedom and relaxation that comes with our Unrivaled Space at Sea .

??????

Jim, we received the same email; I guess we will see you and Mary on Grandeur (with or without infinity pool) this November.  I just wish I could get "confirmation" that Trieste is not changing to Fusina.

53 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Jim, we received the same email; I guess we will see you and Mary on Grandeur (with or without infinity pool) this November.  I just wish I could get "confirmation" that Trieste is not changing to Fusina.

I  just noticed that the map in My Accounts section for the itinerary of my 11/07 Grandeur cruise shows embarkation in "Venice (Fusina)." Could be a Regent website error or an omen! I check the Cruise Ports Schedules frequently and Grandeur is still shown leaving from Trieste.

On 7/16/2023 at 7:02 AM, DeepFreeze63 said:

...soak in the infinity pool just outside of Serene Spa & Wellness™....

Rumor was the infinity pool was going away to be replaced by jacuzzis, deck plans seem to affirm that.

Image7-17-23at9_05AM.jpeg.0ea6ca54c0c178145b1afe861903f490.jpeg

Edited by papaflamingo