HIA Shared Dining Question

cruzngal

We are on a Thanksgiving week cruise.  Our adult daughter is also traveling on a separate reservation.  We want to book our complimentary HIA  dining together, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to book a table for 3 using two confirmation numbers.  The HAL rep claimed it was not possible, but I’ve read about people on this board arranging shared complimentary reservations.  How did you do it?  Is it just a matter of visiting the Dining desk at embarkation to combine the two tables?  Or is there something we need to do ahead of time?

Thanks!

Book your HIA dinner in Pinnacle. Then book her on a separate reservation same time in the Pinnacle.  As soon as you board, let the hostess at the Pinnacle know and they can fix it so you dine together. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cruzngal said:

We are on a Thanksgiving week cruise.  Our adult daughter is also traveling on a separate reservation.  We want to book our complimentary HIA  dining together, but there doesn’t seem to be a way to book a table for 3 using two confirmation numbers.  The HAL rep claimed it was not possible, but I’ve read about people on this board arranging shared complimentary reservations.  How did you do it?  Is it just a matter of visiting the Dining desk at embarkation to combine the two tables?  Or is there something we need to do ahead of time?

Thanks!

We had the other couple that are cruising with us have our booking numbers joined.  I was told to reserve our table, get them to reserve theirs at the same time, then when we get onboard to confirm we have a table for the 4 of us together.  I was told this would be automatic but I will be checking once on board. 

• Like 1

If it’s for regular dining in the MDR - each booking chooses the same dining time & class (ie. early dining - table of 4) and then you ask your TA or PCC or HAL (depending on how you booked) to link your bookings and you will be at the same table.  You need the booking # to do this unless you both used the same TA who will know them.

For specialty dining you can either a) both book the same time with your HIA individually and then on board ask to be combined or you can call HAL and have it pre- arranged.  For the call you need their booking #.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, canadianbear said:

We had the other couple that are cruising with us have our booking numbers joined.  I was told to reserve our table, get them to reserve theirs at the same time, then when we get onboard to confirm we have a table for the 4 of us together.  I was told this would be automatic but I will be checking once on board. 

This is how it has worked for us - you can another booking number to bring in people w/separate bookings. You can do it for excursions, too.

Edited by Haljo1935
Additional comment
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, YourWorldWithBill said:

Just agreeing with @kazu. Ask HAL or your TA (or call HAL even if you have a TA) to "link" your reservations. Then when on board tell the restaurant managers that you are together, as sometimes things that seem to be easy to link miss some step.

Yes that's how we've done it. You can do this for excursions. 

Edited by Haljo1935

2 minutes ago, Haljo1935 said:

This is how it has worked for us - you can another booking number to bring in people w/separate bookings. You can do it for excursions, too.

Oh right, I forgot about the excursions.  We did that as well with the HIA reservations.  

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 12:59 PM, Gigi1977 said:

Book your HIA dinner in Pinnacle. Then book her on a separate reservation same time in the Pinnacle.  As soon as you board, let the hostess at the Pinnacle know and they can fix it so you dine together. 

Exactly our experience onboard the Nieu Statendam September 2022.  The reservation staff will make this happen.