Radiance - semi private areas for a small group

anderjo

We're celebrating my in-laws' 80th birthdays on the Radiance in September. They love to play cards and board games. Are there any semi-private areas on the ship (such as a library) that we could go during the afternoon or evening to play games? We're a group of 8-10. Thank you!

There are big group tables on the Lido deck at the very aft of the ship that you can arrange and are often not very busy. You could even pull one or two of them off to the side and it would be private enough I think.

On 7/14/2023 at 9:31 AM, anderjo said:

Is there a library on the Radiance? I don't see one identified on the deck plans.

No linrary on Radiance. The Java Blue cafe has a shelf on the right, a few paperbacks some days, I take on leave two. 

• Like 1

I have seen on several occasions where a large party will "camp" for a big portion of the day (or cruise, even) in a prime space.  Even if there are only a few members of their party present at any given time, they spread their things over multiple tables, chairs, etc., so no one else can use them.

Wherever you guys decide to meet up, please be respectful of the other passengers' needs regarding seating and space.  🙂

• Like 2

On our Miracle cruise to Hawaii, it was almost impossible to get seating in the Lido restaurant.  Many groups camped out there, playing cards, with no regards for the passengers who were looking for seating during the lunch service. It was very frustrating! Please be mindful of fellow passengers looking for seats during lunchtime hours.

• Like 1

That would be so frustrating, pcvtmom. That is so rude it makes me sad. The staff should notice that and the boss ask them to come back after the lunch service. Easy. Post another sign— tables reserved for diners only between whatever times. We need rules to make people be kind. Annoying & Insane. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1