10pm sailing from Southampton tonight

GaryEssex

4 minutes ago, fourmile.ranch said:

Just announced... Late departure due to weather with blustery winds which should clear by 8pm.. Captain requested 8pm departure but got the 10pm slot due to container ship departing at 8pm.

That’s a big difference.  You’d have thought they might have let her go at 8.30. Is she going to use tugs?

2 minutes ago, RJChatsworth said:

Moving now at 2208.  Interestingly two ships berthed ahead of us left earlier, a Regent ship at 1816 and Anthem of the Seas at 1841.  Why couldn’t QM-2?  Answers on a postage stamp!

Captain's decision

2 Switzer tugs now with her and slowly moving.

• Like 1

It didn’t matter at all we left late.  Just curious as weather kept being mentioned and two other ships seemed to leave as normal.

More concerning for me was getting into bed last evening in QG to find I was lying on the mattress springs.  Very uncomfortable.  I immediately called housekeeping.  I was on an old style mattress with padding on one side and none on the other.  A mattress protector had not been used either. The mattress had been put on the bed the wrong way up.  Housekeeping turned it over and the padded side was stained.  They immediately went and got a new mattress which can be used either way up and used a mattress protector.  All is well now!

43 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

Perhaps they were happy to wait until the worst of the weather had passed, given how long they’ve got to cross the Atlantic, while the other ships may have had more pressing engagements.

Mayflower is also somewhat restricted in sea room particularly in strong winds + inbound container ship. 

• Like 1