Prima balcony

Fun4Us2013

Has anyone had experience with the balconies on the Prima that have the slide thru them?  We are sailing on the Viva with a guaranteed balcony and will probably get one of those. Wondering if it is a big deal or a lot of nothing.  The cruise is port intensive so I doubt we will be out there much.

A couple of posters on here have said they do not hear anything.  What guaranteed balcony are you getting.  These rooms are the Family Suites with Master Bedroom and come with a butler and concierge.  I doubt you would get one with a guaranteed balcony.

Ok.  These are not as unpopular as it may seem given the separate bedroom and the butler for not a crazy amount more than a balcony.   On the Prima cruise I have booked, there are still a ton of balconies left and only one Family Suite.  It’s more likely that you would get a balcony from someone that bid into the Family Suite.  

8 hours ago, Fun4Us2013 said:

Has anyone had experience with the balconies on the Prima that have the slide thru them?  We are sailing on the Viva with a guaranteed balcony and will probably get one of those. Wondering if it is a big deal or a lot of nothing.  The cruise is port intensive so I doubt we will be out there much.

Technically, the slides do not actually go through any of the balconies.  They are next to some balconies. And, the good news is, they aren't operating at all hours of the day/night.

We ate outside at Los Lobos, where a slide ends.  Unless someone was truly being noisy, we wouldn't have known the slide was in use until they reached to the end.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Fun4Us2013 said:

I think is is a BF category. Not too concerned about where it is. 

BF category might be on deck 9, just be aware that the cabin might be located on top of restaurant or bar. I prefer BA category, and I still check the deck plan above and below.

1 hour ago, destar said:

BF category might be on deck 9, just be aware that the cabin might be located on top of restaurant or bar. I prefer BA category, and I still check the deck plan above and below.

I booked a BB on deck 11 (just a hold right now) but near the stairs/elevator. I wonder how the noise is- in the past I've booked 4-5 rooms down but prefer not to be walking down hallways

1 hour ago, HowardK said:

I wonder how the noise is- in the past I've booked 4-5 rooms down but prefer not to be walking down hallways

When selecting my cabin, if close to stairs and elevators, I try to go 6-10 cabins (on selected category) past the elevator banks, never had any issues with noise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HowardK said:

I booked a BB on deck 11 (just a hold right now) but near the stairs/elevator. I wonder how the noise is- in the past I've booked 4-5 rooms down but prefer not to be walking down hallways

The passenger area is well separated from the elevator lobbies on the Prima. Since we are older and have mobility challenges, we always book right at the elevator lobby and never had any problems. 

• Like 1