NCL Solo Experience: Studio & Experience Advice Needed

MissyDot

How do solos handle making reservations for SD?   I am going solo on the Jewel (so not studio).   All SD reservations are for 2, 4 or more people.   Do I just reserve for the lowest number in the options they give?   I called and the rep would not let one reserve for a higher qty, and suggested I wait till embarkation day, or I could just walk up and see if there is availability.   While I don't mind that for the MDR, I would like to set up my SD in advance.

It seems silly for NCL to do this and claim to be solo friendly.   I am sure I will meet some people to share for some evenings, but I like to have a plan....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeusLA said:

How do solos handle making reservations for SD?   I am going solo on the Jewel (so not studio).   All SD reservations are for 2, 4 or more people.   Do I just reserve for the lowest number in the options they give?   I called and the rep would not let one reserve for a higher qty, and suggested I wait till embarkation day, or I could just walk up and see if there is availability.   While I don't mind that for the MDR, I would like to set up my SD in advance.

It seems silly for NCL to do this and claim to be solo friendly.   I am sure I will meet some people to share for some evenings, but I like to have a plan....

Reserve by selecting 2.

When you get to the restaurant, let them know if you are solo at that time!

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ZeusLA said:

How do solos handle making reservations for SD?

I also reserved a table for 2 for my cruise in Oct.  If no one wants to join me on their own dime, I will just advise the restaurant when I get there.  I halfway expect another solo to be in the same boat and may want to dine on our only sea day.  (yes, the horrible pun was fully intended)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Pookie2u said:

I also reserved a table for 2 for my cruise in Oct.  If no one wants to join me on their own dime, I will just advise the restaurant when I get there.  I halfway expect another solo to be in the same boat and may want to dine on our only sea day.  (yes, the horrible pun was fully intended)

What cruise are you on in October?  I'm on the Star Oct 13 and 23, B2B.  I'm also solo.

Nevermind.  Just saw your other post -- different cruises. 

Edited by liking

Book for 2 but then let them know when you get aboard, the only place it makes a planning difference is for Teppanyaki as that is a group style seating so if there’s a family/friends with an odd number then you may wind up with them. Or hang onto your 2 seats and invite another solo to join you. 

• Like 1

I’m doing a TA on Gem which doesn’t have solo cabins but because this cruise doesn’t have a singles supplement it seems there will be a lot of singles. Looking forward to the NCL experience of being a solo friendly line. Last year I cruised on Celebrity without a singles supplement but now I am not willing to pay double so I’m trying NCL.