Loyality Question

ebtrip

We are going to be booking a cruise. We were on Azamara in 2008. We are Elite Plus on Celebrity. I do not have an Azamara account, but the sailing shows on my Celebrity account. Will I still be able to become a Discovery plus member on Azamara. Thanks 

If you sailed Azamara, at least once before the split, you should be Discoverer+. You also have an Azamara Circle account number. It is the same number as your Celebrity Captain's.Club. They both shared the same member number.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

I would call Azamara directly. The divorce became official several months ago, and it is my belief, and I could be wrong, that you would not be able to transfer over your status to Azamara at this time. They are now two different corporations, it sound to me that it would be like requesting Discoverer+ status to a Cunard cruise.  We were luck with Celebrity, and had an unexpected 1 week Alaska cruise with Celebrity in May, 2022. There was no issue booking our Discoverer+ Azamara number onto that cruise without a problem. We booked Celebrity From Sydney to Auckland in January 2023, post divorce, our fancy status remained. I need to find out how long we can retain it before we need to cruise again with Celebrity. Similarly, while I have no RC plans, I am guessing that I can no transfer my Celebrity status to RC, but again, I don't know. Call Azamara! In the end, status buys you a bag of laundry, and some complementary minutes of slow Internet service.

17 minutes ago, Whitby100 said:

Can someone explain more fully ‘since I had previously sailed, my status will be Discovery Plus’.  Thanks.

I am Elite Plus on Celebrity so my status was the same on Azamara since i previously sailed with them

2 hours ago, Whitby100 said:

Can someone explain more fully ‘since I had previously sailed, my status will be Discovery Plus’.  Thanks.

Until the split, Azamara and Celebrity shared a loyalty program so all points earned on either line counted for both lines.  After the split, Azamara counts all points only if you had at least one sailing on Azamara.  Since @ebtrip sailed on Azamara pre-split, they keep their pre-split status of Discoverer Plus on Azamara.  Anyone whose points came 100% from Celebrity will not keep their status on Azamara and will start over.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr H said:

I need to find out how long we can retain it before we need to cruise again with Celebrity. Similarly, while I have no RC plans, I am guessing that I can no transfer my Celebrity status to RC, but again, I don't know. Call Azamara! In the end, status buys you a bag of laundry, and some complementary minutes of slow Internet service.

Unlike AZ and Celebrity which co shared the points from the sailings on either until the full split, RCL and Celebrity do not share points. What you earn on RCL stays there and what you earn on Celebrity stays there.  The only thing is if you are Diamond or higher on RCL and you cruise Celebrity, Celebrity will honor your RCL status as Elite.  And vice a versa you will be Diamond..  But never the twain shall meet with earned points.

Edited by ChucktownSteve