We will need to get from a hotel in Venice near St. Mark's Square to Isola Nova del Tronchetto for bus to Ravenna...

Stockjock

Any suggestions as to the best way to get there?  Celebrity did not provide much information other than to be at the Isola Nova del Tronchetto before 11 am.  Our hotel does have a dock, so I suppose we could take a water taxi, correct?

4 hours ago, Stockjock said:

Any suggestions as to the best way to get there?

Is the dock at your hotel a private one or a public one with a vaporetto stop?

If the latter, you only need take a vaporetto to Piazzale Roma, and from there the People Mover will take you directly to Tronchetto in a few minutes. People Mover info online.  You could of course pay $$$s  for a private water taxi, it is your choice.

Tronchetto is a huge car park, the closest parking area to Venice city, and could be seen from some of the berths at the original Venice cruise terminal.

Edited by edinburgher

5 hours ago, edinburgher said:

Is the dock at your hotel a private one or a public one with a vaporetto stop?

If the latter, you only need take a vaporetto to Piazzale Roma, and from there the People Mover will take you directly to Tronchetto in a few minutes. People Mover info online.  You could of course pay $$$s  for a private water taxi, it is your choice.

Tronchetto is a huge car park, the closest parking area to Venice city, and could be seen from some of the berths at the original Venice cruise terminal.

I think it's a private dock.  I'll link to the hotel below.

Once at Tronchetto, how does one narrow down where to find the bus?  They didn't provide any information in that regard.

https://www.allangelo.it

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

I think it's a private dock.  I'll link to the hotel below.

Once at Tronchetto, how does one narrow down where to find the bus?  They didn't provide any information in that regard.

https://www.allangelo.it

It appears to be private so water taxi is your only option unless you can make your way to the nearest (public)vaporetto stop wherever it may be.  On thehotel  link you gave, the website states "to Piazzale Roma where you can take the “vaporetto” line 1 or 2 direction Rialto-San Marco" .  You would need to contact the hotel to ask the name of the stop, or try to figure it out yourself by researching stops along these two lines and match the closest stop with the location of the hotel, or would any onlinehotel  reviews mention proximity to a public stop or even the name?

Once at Tronchetto, how does one narrow down where to find the bus?

Sorry, but I can't help with that. You could consider asking on the Celebrity Forum as it is Celebrity specific. and other pax may have used it.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stockjock said:

I did this last October boarding a Celebrity ship in Ravenna. The buses are parked literally next to where you descend from the elevated People Mover. You can't miss it if you use this method of transport, which I'd highly recommend in terms of ease and cost.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I did this last October boarding a Celebrity ship in Ravenna. The buses are parked literally next to where you descend from the elevated People Mover. You can't miss it if you use this method of transport, which I'd highly recommend in terms of ease and cost.

I was thinking of taking a water taxi, since we'll have multiple bags (maybe 6 total).  Not sure if it they'd need special instructions if we do that.  I don't mind spending a bit more, if the price isn't too crazy.

3 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

I was thinking of taking a water taxi, since we'll have multiple bags (maybe 6 total).  Not sure if it they'd need special instructions if we do that.  I don't mind spending a bit more, if the price isn't too crazy.

Not sure I can help you then. Venice is really set up for those who use public transportation. (I find water taxis pretty pricey, but if you can find someone to share it's more reasonable.)

I suppose you could tell the water taxi to drop you near the People Mover stop. 

• Like 1

Looks like a water taxi would be close to 100E.  Select 'On Line Ticket' for estimate, and add 20E.

Booking Water Taxi in Venice is Now Easy - Consorzio Motoscafi Venezia

There is an Alilaguna stop at Tronchetto. The blue line goes there from St Marks hourly. Looks to be 8Epp. . Blue Line Timetable | Alilaguna

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stockjock said:

The price will be "too crazy."  But such is life :).

Hank

• Like 1

I too have a transfer from Tronchetto going to Raveena with Royal Caribbean. I think you can also take the Vaporetto (the water bus) which stops at Tronchetto. From my hotel which is close to S.Marco station, it appears to be line 2. I think this is easier then taking the Vaporetto to P.Roma and then getting on the people mover train. 

• Like 1