Champagne

nasus2

Our last cruise on Constellation in September......

trying to get an  actual glass of "Champagne"  was a joke!

You had to actually watch them pour it.

Everytime they tried to pour nasty fizzy stuff that is most definitely not Champagne, more like paint stripper 🙄 

Come on Celebrity,  we're not stupid......if you market your Premium Drinks Package to include Champagne,  it should be Champagne, produced in the Champagne region of France, otherwise you can't call it Champagne!

You are charging enough 😕

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cococruiser said:

I was on Silhouette in May. The Champagne was very elusive! The brand was Eugene 111. I’ve added a picture of it. This was on our table, so I had to zoom in and screenshot. Excuse the picture quality. 

1F101243-64C8-4C66-BBA5-DA341296E0A8.png

I assume you purchased that bottle?  Or was that offered by the glass on a drink package?

I have given up on the premium package now after several cruises hunting down the real champagne on Silhouette. After all the package is advertised as having it.  Funny about the supply problems as Oceana are serving it at every bar! 

37 minutes ago, bigAWL said:

I assume you purchased that bottle?  Or was that offered by the glass on a drink package?

This was what was offered on the premium drinks package. They’re were four of us having a glass at dinner and the waiter set the bottle down on the table, as we asked him to take a picture of us. 

28 minutes ago, markeb said:

That's the UK pricing with the gratuity included. It should be $15 still for US sailings (gratuity extra).

No it is not. We had champagne last night priced at $17 in the menu. Nothing extra charged to our account!

Edited by Esprit

11 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

I just checked, and it’s $17 in the US and $20 in the UK.

3 minutes ago, Esprit said:

No it is not. We had Martinis last night priced at $17 in the menu. Nothing extra charged to our account!

Sorry. Next cruise is in November and I probably won't follow the amounts again closely until October!

Pricing on a US departure cruise does not include the gratuity. Pricing on a UK (maybe European in general?) departure cruise does include gratuity. So your $17 martini on a UK departure would be roughly $14.17 + 20% gratuity on a US sailing. They don't add a gratuity for UK sailings; it's in the price.

5 hours ago, Chrisclaire said:

<snip>Our last cruise on Constellation in September......

trying to get an  actual glass of "Champagne"  was a joke!

You had to actually watch them pour it.

Everytime they tried to pour nasty fizzy stuff that is most definitely not Champagne, more like paint stripper 🙄 

<snip>

Hello,

I did say that above in my post #9!

Being part Italian I bought bottles of Prosecco (real) that were kept in the fridge of the Passport bar that I drew from. The same with red wine in Murano and MDR. With my Elite + discount I spent less than half of what a drinks package would have cost but with the added benefit I got what I wanted.

On MSC Virtuosa in May in the Champagne Bar, we got through 700 bottles of Lanson Black Label in one night.

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, markeb said:

Sorry. Next cruise is in November and I probably won't follow the amounts again closely until October!

Pricing on a US departure cruise does not include the gratuity. Pricing on a UK (maybe European in general?) departure cruise does include gratuity. So your $17 martini on a UK departure would be roughly $14.17 + 20% gratuity on a US sailing. They don't add a gratuity for UK sailings; it's in the price.

But this is not a U.K. out bound sailing. We sailed from Civitavecchia in Italy. U.K. rates have nothing to do with this cruise!

On 7/18/2023 at 7:47 AM, wrk2cruise said:

They had nothing as a real Champagne (French).  The best thing they had by the glass on the premium package was Chandon sparkling wine.

Cheapest by the glass was Perrier-Jouët at $22

did they have much of the Chandon?  Last cruise we were on they kept "running out"......

On 7/18/2023 at 5:35 AM, chemmo said:

Remember that your allowed take on board wine can include champagne. 

It was previously 2 bottles a person I believe but is now 2 per stateroom, correct?

1 hour ago, cublet said:

On MSC Virtuosa in May in the Champagne Bar, we got through 700 bottles of Lanson Black Label in one night.

Regards,

Cublet

I'm proud of you - I can't walk straight after about 600 bottles.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Haven’t seen Chandon on this cruise. I’d avoid it if offered.

would normally agree but the other option was so sweet it needed a cherry.  I just went to red wine...

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, tnm6217 said:

I'm so sad about the lack of Cattier Brut Icone...it was wonderful! I'm very doubtful this has anything to do with supply chain...

I'd tend to agree, certainly at this point in time and for champagnes where they literally make millions of bottles a year. 

11 hours ago, wineoclock said:

We took our own last few cruises. For our cabin. Last cruise Cristal. Very nice. Usually take Billecart Salmon also nice but Cristal in another league! 

Cristal had better be in another league given current retail prices!  😪  It's now moved into the special occasion category, along with DP and Krug.  Thankfully Vilmart and Agrapart are still widely unknown and at somewhat reasonable price points.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mitz18 said:

It was previously 2 bottles a person I believe but is now 2 per stateroom, correct?

Yes, I believe it has changed. We only tend to take decent champagne on with us if we are going to host a sail away. Not something we do every cruise…

Edited by chemmo

14 hours ago, mitz18 said:

did they have much of the Chandon?  Last cruise we were on they kept "running out"......

Hello,

That's because people were drinking it faster that the guys in the engine room could bottle it!

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 4